Do you believe in love at first sight?

• yes
  • no
  • I don't know

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't work that way, from a biochemical point of view. Though it can feel like it. The feelings are related to NRE though (NRE = new relationship energy, a term for the chemical and hormonal changes that happen in the brain during a new relationship). It's not 'real' love, it is not the feeling that two people that have been together for 15 years would be feeling when they say they love each other. It is a super-charged chemical cocktail that contains certain chemicals that are actually addictive, which is why some people can feel like they cannot live without their partner in those early stages of a relationship. THOSE chemicals can sometimes trigger fast. Really fast. First sight fast. Not often, but they can. It's not 'love at first sight' though. It's dopamine+norepinephidrine+phenylethylamine+serotonin at first sight. Not quite the same ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so 😓 Sure, there can be some wild attraction at first sight, that happens a lot actually 😍💞 But love? I think that's too strong of a word 🙍🏽 I personally have never fallen in love at first sight... I need to spend a lot of time with the guy to fall for him 💑💏

What Guys Said 14

• deep infatuation. lust.

it's impossible to truly truly be in love. you may feel love but it is misguided love as love is far more encompassing than looks

• Lust and infatuation at first sight, sure. Actual love? no, that takes weeks or months to build.

• Happened to me and married her some time later.

• First time I saw a doughnut I fell in love. So yeah.

• If love at first sight existed then I'd be married to the girl I had a crush on in 5th grade.

• No i don't. Only atraction

• No she would have to walk passed again😝😜

• it is rare, but can happen

• You love someone when you know how they are, not for how they look.

• These days I don't even believe in love, forget about love at first site...

• I belive in attraction at first site but not love

• No, not one bit. It's a fantasy.

• Oh this reminds me of a cup that had 50 lines to help u get laid and one of them was do u believe in love at first sight if not ill walk by again

• Yes, cause I've experienced it.

• you with her?

• sry😶

• Thanks

What Girls Said 22

• I don't believe in love at first sight, never had, never will.
    I can understand that you can get attracted to a person at first sight, that you feel pull toward that person but love needs time. To love, you need to know the person and that take more than a second.

• No way, you can't love someone you know nothing about.

• No, it's impossible to love someone by just seeing them unless it's a baby (and that's because of all the hormones making that initial bond form)
    But two adults looking at each other and loving each other, eh, that's lust.

• I wish I truly did!

• I don't!!! Or at least it never happened to me, I have to discuss with the guy first and get to know his mindset and personality!!!

• I believe in interest at first sight, but love is something that needs to grow.

• No, I do not.

• No. It's not possible to love someone deeply upon just looking at them for the first time. Yes, you may lust over them. Yes, you may even feel infatuated by how sexy they are. But no way are you gonna fall in love with that person without even knowing them.

• My boyfriend and I of five years always say it was love at first sight, it's kind of a joke between us though because the reason we first talked is because we looked at each other and noticed we both had the same unusual eye color, it's like an amber gold color.

• There's no such thing as "love at first sight". What you experience at first sight is physical as you only have appearence to go from. Love comes later when you get to know the person behind the look everyone else sees. Love is deeper and not shallow as appearence.

• I don't even believe in love so lol

• Of course I believe :D

• Yea absolutley

• Not first sight physically but I think you can fall for someone the second you start to see who they really are

• No I believe in attraction at first sight. Love comes after when you get to know each other since you don't really know the person.

• no I don't. can't love someone just based on his/her looks

• no I don't. I can't truly love someone without knowing someones personality

• yes I do believe in it

• i have seen it and have done it

• I don't. But apparently, the day my dad met my mum, he told her he would marry her. They married a year later and have been married over 40 years. I don't think it was love at first sight though, my dad was just being a weirdo.

• I didn't used to, but it was love at first sight with my boyfriend. I'm 24 and we have been together since i was 15. He moved to my area when he was 15 and as soon as he entered into the classroom on his first day... I fell in love. I still love him more everyday 💚

• The first time I saw my man I felt something different and I was like he's mine. He felt the same. Been 8 years.