How do you feel about FAO Schwarz closing?

If you guys don't know FAO Schwarz was the largest toy store in the world right in the middle of NYC. It was literally my childhood and when we visited New York City during Christmas to see the giant tree, window displays, to play in the snow, etc. It was literally magical, and of course Toys R Us had their eyes on the fabulous worldwide known toy "palace" and bought it. YES THEY FUCKING BOUGHT IT. Well, people started to not like it as much and well, it closed down.
So Toys R Us fucking ruined everything and I was going to visit again to relive my childhood memory or when I had kids i'd take them there in the future but NOOOOO.

Most Helpful Guy

• That is a pity - I am from Ireland and even I had heard of FAO Schwarz of New York - Yes sometimes the modern generic world has a lot to answer for - The dollar talks, tradition sinks.

• I completely agree!! :-(( money seems to be taking over everything and deflating any good culture we have left.

• Thanks for MHG

• mhmm

What Guys Said 2

• 😂 I'm a toys r us kid

• How dare thee 😭 toys r us came after faso schwarz

• It's typical of big corporations. When they take over something that's unique and good, they usually ruin it

What Girls Said 0