Has music ever truly touched your soul?

I don't mean is there a song you like or love, but the near literal meaning. Like have you ever listened to something and felt like your insides stir? I found a song that every time I listen to it, it gives me shivers, makes me teary (and I'm not a crying type of guy) and brings up emotions that I haven't felt before. It makes me feel in a way that not even my family or friends can. I have no explaination as to why this particular song strikes home with me as it has no words in it (classical genre of music). I'm not big on classical music either which is weird, I just use the genre when I study. Any reasons as why this might be or have any of you felt similarily?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• oh my gosh, many times. beautiful feeling.

• Well if I am ever to be in love with someone, I hope this is what it feels like

• Aw thats sweet. Im sure itd feel even better.

• Yes. Its not even the words in the song, just the tone of it the way it sounds i can't really explain it. It reminds me of this person who used to mean a lot to me. And its not even the lyrics that remind me of him and i didn't listen to this song with him or while i knew him its just the feeling i get when i listen to that song that makes me think so much about him. Even when im mostly over him i still cry and feel fucked up inside when i listen to it.

• Yeah that's why I listen to it

• I guess part of why its weird for me is because I've run an emotional flat-line for years, so what it brings up feels foreign.

• There's a curveball for ya xP

• YES i am a human!

• Oh, for sure. There are a handful of songs that have touched my heart.

What Guys Said 4

• I only listen to music for that purpose.

Zack Hemsey, What I've become.

It's a good example of soul touching music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDYAJ2-Y1E

• Yes it has, especially if it has a good melody.

• My favorite songs are the ones that make me feel like God is talking to me.

• Johnny Cash's verions of Hurt