Does weight matter?

When a guy looks at a girl, does he first look to see if she has a thigh gap or what her weight is, this always confused me, do guys actually care if you have a thigh gap and or what your weight is? today i was in class and i heard these mean girls talking about another girl, they honestly said " she's never gonna get a boyfriend cause she would crush him" yes this girl is a bit on the heavy side, but do guys really care, or is it about personality, also do guys go more for the body and face then the actually emotions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Thigh gap, no.
    Weight, yes.

Physical appearance matters a lot to men, no matter what they say. No guy looks at a fat, ugly girl and thinks "wow, she must have a great personality, I should go up to her and introduce myself!". Men see summat they're attracted to and approach, and if they aren't into big bitches then they won't approach her.

• true i feel like this is reasonable, but why not give it a shot and see if she has a good personality, is it just that men go for the first thing they see?

• Personality means more to you than to men. You've never had to approach men, so you don't understand what goes into it. Nobody wears their personalities on their sleeves; everyone judged by looks, and men are a lot more visual than women are.

You have to stop being hung up on this idea that personality is the only thing that matters in attraction and understand that there's nothing you can do about men not finding you attractive if they don't. Yes, men go for the first thing they see, because that's all we have to go on. Women sit around and get approached, so they have the luxury of picking and choosing who is the better person, whereas all men can do is walk up to whoever visually appeals to them since, again, nobody wears their personalities on their sleeves.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone wants both: attractiveness and personality. Rather most do, perhaps not all. Though in my experience, guys don't give a shit about this thigh gap nonesense.

What Guys Said 10

• I never even thought about thigh gaps until this whole craze over them began. And I still don't care. Trying to find out what her weight is does not really go into my thoughts first thing. That comes a little later.

• It doesn't to me

• Thigh gap is the one of the most irrelevant things to a girls attractiveness.
    There's no specific # of pounds that makes me not want to date a girl.
    However, I do find thin girls more attractive, that doesn't mean they're going to have a thigh gap.

• Looks first, then personality.

But guys definitely aren't as harsh about it as girls are. She could be technically overweight, but guys will look at her and think "dat ass...", while girls look at her and try to knit pick every little bodily flaw.

• Most guys do not even know what you mean by "thigh gap" and depending on how much she's over weight, probably won't notice. Most guys like women who are heavier then stick models. My rule is a collar bone, if your collar bones are plainly visible then I am not interested as you're too skinny for me. But that's just me.

• Yes, the very first thing we look for is a thigh gap. The very first. If its not at least twice the width of her head with her feet together then no dice 😶😶😶

• I have to be at least a little bit attracted to someone to want to date her, if I'm not attracted at all then I'd just wanna be friends with her if she has a great personality. And I'm simply not attracted to fat girls.

• Yes, lots of men look at weight.

• but what makes a women "to heavy"? like shouldent personality come first?

• It's totally subjective. Some women carry the weight better. I look at the whole package. Would you date am overweight guy?

• it honestly depends on what he acts like, it wouldent be my first go to, but i wouldent not date someone based on how they look?

• Depends. Is she cute but me just a bit overweight? No worries. If she's 160+ it's going to matter.

• yah i guess it really depends on the guy..

• any reason?

• It's what they're into. I heard its because they give great head, or they're more greatful for having a boyfriend or that they're less likely to cheat on you, but I'm not sure if any of those are true. all I know is, I've got a best friend who has a folder for 'BBW' pictures on his phone and computer.

Different strokes for different folks?

• LET ME ASK YOU THIS!!!

Does height matter?

What Girls Said 1

• No NOT REALLY!