What do you think is more deadly falling off a cliff?

• The fall itself
  • The sudden stop that comes after the fall

Most Helpful Girl

• The fall itself

Most Helpful Guy

• A sudden deceleration in velocity is what causes damage. No matter how high a fall is the maximum speed the can fall is 120mph and aslong as you can decelerate in a reasonable speed you'll be fine. I just took engineering physics not too long ago

What Girls Said 10

• The sudden stop. I think you would get over the falling aspect of it pretty quickly. The impact when you stop? Not so much.

• The sudden stop. All of your organs are being slammed into the your body at how ever many miles an hour. The fall doesn't actually do any damage for the most part.

• I would hope to faint and never know I died.
    Unless the person is falling down a tree, the actual fall never hurts... or unless they fall in space and are plummeting towards Earth and have no oxygen. And are cold.
    That would suck.

• How is only falling deadly? A fall from any height is only deadly once you smash into the ground

• Unless yoi accelerate fast enough to cause the friction between you and the atmosphere to set you on fire

• @jmarx no cliff is high enough

• Maximum velocity on earth for a human body falling is around150 mph. It's called terminal velocity and it's determined by weight versus surface area.

• Definitely the sudden stop when you hit the ground.

• The impact once you've fallen?

• I think that Volcanic eruptions, large Tsunamis and earthquakes, future pandemic spreading diseases, falling from a skyscrape, and Tyranosaurus Rex massive eating spree.

• I heard if you fall from high enough there's pressure on your organs and that can kill. So I don't know.

• That's just a myth as your body would reach terminal velocity before that would even happen.

• Obviously the sudden stop...

What Guys Said 5

• well if you fell off a cliff and there was no bottom then there would be little danger right? so really it's the crash landing that is most dangerous

• Is this an idiot test? Obviously the stop is what does damage. Otherwise skydiving would be a form of suicide.

• More Deadly is the sudden stop, would you feel it? Dunno... in essence the fall is really all youd ever feel if its high enough.

• The sudden stop is what kills you.

• If falling was dangerous, we wouldn't bungee jump or parachute.