Do you own and currently use a portable music player (separate from your phone)?

• yes, I have an iPod Touch that I am currently using
  • yes, I have an iPod Classic / Nano / Shuffle that I am currently using
  • yes, I have an MP3 player that isn't an Apple product, that I am currently using
  • I used to have an MP3 player, but I don't use it anymore since I got a smartphone
  • I use a secondary smartphone as an MP3 player
  • I don't have a dedicated MP3 player, but I want one!
  • I never owned a portable MP3 player

Most Helpful Girl

• Ipod nano for the gym. That thing is my lifeline lol
    I've literally gotten halfway to the gym and turned around to go get it when I realized I left it 😂

Most Helpful Guy

• i have a microsoft Zune... i don't use it a ton except when i go on vacations

• I had a 80gb Zune! It was a viable alternative for the iPod Classic but when my Zune broke and used my insurance plan, I ended up getting an iPod Classic, and I will admit I missed the click wheel. lol

• i have the 80gig one to. mine luckily is still working great. i've used ipods but i prefer the zune

What Girls Said 19

• I still remember when I got my first Ipod. I begged my parents for an Ipod nano chrome in orange when I was in 6th grade. I got a pink flip phone in 9th grade, and an early edition Ipod touch shortly after. That was my last one, since I switched to Iphone 4 when that was released and I didn't see a need for an Ipod anymore.

I still have my touch somewhere... I think it still works. It has a crack in the screen and runs really slow and its been dead for years, but I bet if I found the charger it would work! haha

I've stuck with Iphones since then and I just make sure I have enough space for my music. No reason to keep it separate... I'd rather just save the money and the space in my purse and have it all in one :)

• I have 3 ipods :P

I have an old Ipod Nano (only holds 4G and is glitchy), a newer Ipod Nano Chrome (which I thought was stolen), and an Ipod Touch. I use all 3 (which is crazy, I know!) :P

I can't use my phone for music, because I get so many alerts on my smart phone that my music constantly gets interrupted. Plus it kills the battery. I would rather just use an ipod so I can workout and be 'in my zone' without interruption.

• That's exactly why I use an iPod! I had a 160gb iPod classic that died last year, and was hesitant to replace it with an iPod 5th gen, because going from 160gb to 64gb was huge downgrade.

Now the 6th gen iPod Touch has a 128gb option, which is perfect for me! :-D

• I have an old iPod touch, though I hardly use it anymore because my sister stole it.

• I just use my phone. I'm not good at having multiple things to be responsible for lol I lose or forget things quickly :/

• I've got a Sansa Clip+, it's a wonderful little thing. Only thing it's missing is the ability to browse by folder, so you have to either create playlists with some kind of utility, or you need to make sure all of your songs are tagged with the correct album.

It plays all kinds of formats, including FLAC. That's why I like it.

• No but I would like one!

• I use my IPad for music. But that's the what it's main use is. I also have an ipod, but I need to get it unlocked before I use it. When that's on, I usually use it for music.

• I have a 2nd phone to listen to music

• I have a few old iPod touches that I use as an external storage and music dumps. I actually use my old phone as my music player/apps cuz somehow, windows phone still can't get their music player straight. 😣

• Penultimate option.

I used to have one, it broke 😭😭 now I use computer and phone.

• I have an MP3 player that it isn't from Apple. I don't have songs on my phone, because I find easier to have them on MP3 and it doesn't spend my phone battery's.
    I think I will always use it.

• Music is in my phone

• I do but i don't use it. My phone is better... i still have CDs but my boom box and CD player broke so I never bothered to get a new one

• I always use my phone as my music player 📱🎶

• I used to use my nano right up until it broke last month. 😔

• i have an ipod nano circa 2005

• Yes i have an Ipod nano that I've had now for 8 years.
    I do not own a smartphone so its my only source of portable music.

• I commend u for keeping it this long and having it still works!

• I had a case on it the day i bought it and always take good care of my things :)

• I used my nano 6th gen until I accidentally shattered the display. I don't like the new nano size, might as well us the iphone.

• I use a phillips mp3 player. I've had it for more than 5 years.

What Guys Said 23

• ecx.images-amazon.com/.../...7ES9FDBL._SL1500_.jpg

I have a pair of Sansa Zip Clips. I use them for my own personal use sometimes, but I bought them for use as a mobile DJ - mostly for wedding ceremonies or other uses when I need a small amount of music in a secondary location.

At a wedding, my DJ equipment is all set up at the reception area, but I am often hired to provide audio (mics and music) for the ceremony as well. It's easier to put the ceremony music on the MP3 players rather than lug the laptop around. And if I do sound for other events where I'm not DJing, I also use these for the music.

These players are truly tiny and weigh almost nothing, so they are great for trips as well, and save phone battery.

• I used to have an absolutely awesome MP3-player from Kowon (a Korean brand). Though less famous, they were in fact much better than Ipods. Their software design was much easier and better than on the Ipods and you didn't need any program on your computer to load music on the player. Also, weren't restricted to loading music on it from just one computer. Instead, you could just use your windows explorer and it worked from pretty much any PC. However, the reason I really loved my Kowon player was because it had a really big hard drive (64 GB). This was about 13 years ago and 64 GB were almost unimaginably big back then. Sadly, my player quit working after 6-7 years of usage and the company doesn't build them anymore because too many people have switched to using their phone for music. I have an Iphone but I really don't like using it as music player because my hard drive is too small and I find the software navigation really inconvenient and stupid. Because of this, I quit listening to music when I'm outside and I just listen to it at home on the CD player. I really, really hope that Kowon or a similar company will start building old-school MP3-players again that are specially designed to listen to music. The thing about MP3-players is that they're actually much better at playing music than Iphones (they also have a much better sound quality). Iphones have their music section just as a fancy add-on but MP3-players are specially designed to listening to music. Sadly, too many people are happy with bad sound quality and inferior software design, which made MP3-companies go out of business.

• No, but I bought one for a friend for Christmas and played with it a little (to see if it worked before shipping it overseas).

I wouldn't mind having one myself, but it's not a high priority. I still listen to real CDs on a real stereo. I'm not an audiophile, but I do like the better quality of a real stereo. I don't really need anything mobile. When I go somewhere I usually want to get away from the electronic world, not take it with me (same reason I don't have a cell phone).

• Portable: I use the car stereo
    At home: I have a Dolby Atmos connected to my television that doubles up to play mp3 / 4

I don't use my phone for listening to music

• I have an old iPod Touch fitted in the dash of my car, for music and movies and such. Does that count?

• I have an iPod classic. It's almost 10 years old, but it's 80GB so it holds a loooot of music, and movies too, so I still use it every time I go out by myself.
    I never use my phone for music cause it wastes too much battery.

• Nah, just my phone. But I used to have a white MP3 player and I lost it. It was so convenient, I'd like to have one like that agian. But it's probably not on the shelves anymore, it'd be 5 or so years old now.

• I have a non-functioning iPod. I'm hoping for a new one for Christmas.

• Still rockin my Hitclips, baby!

• No I don't, my phone👍

• Yes I do, I own two $4 MP3 players plus an cheep Chinese PSP MP5 player.
    ecx.images-amazon.com/.../41ZHcjl3v2L._SY300_.jpg

• My nano ended up in the washer because I left it in one of my pockets, that damn thing is so small. It's functioning but just barely.

• iPod Classic. Holds everything, but the clickwheel interface sucks.

• I had the 160gb iPod classic... so sad when it died last year. Gonna get the 6th gen iPod Touch because it now has a 128gb model! :)

• Touch was or is just an iPhone without the phone components. I picked the Classic because of the large capacity.

• the iPod 6th gen released in July 2015, now has a 128GB capacity! I'm probably gonna get one in the next 2-3 months, in red. 8-)

• I went straight from an MP3 disc man to an Android smartphone. But I don't really listen to music on it much. I use it for audio books though.

• I have a cheap MP3.

• I recently bought a Ipod touch but before that used to have a Creative Zen 4GB MP3 player and before that had a Zune. I have a phone as well but don't use it for music.

• I got an ipod but dont use it

• Yes going old school with the wireless

• my old ipod touch / iphone is the music in my car, and I got my iphone.

• I love my iPod Touch.

• I use the android to play mp3s.

I had an MP3 player back in the 2009. It's not working anymore.

• I have a cassette player, yes I'm old af.

• Yeah I have a sony mp4 player, but I rarely use it anymore, not because I have a smartphone but because I live close to university so I don't use the subway anymore