Warning, Christianity Question: Am I wrong to shut down like this?

If you don't believe in God or have negative things to say then stop reading. This is a serious question.

Now to continue...
I grew up in the church. From March of this year to May I fell in love with Jesus! I was close to him more than anything! I found myself in him! I went to a church retreat that really touched me. While I was there, for the first time ever, God spoke to me. He told me to let him love me and no matter what I do he will always love me. That opened my heart and my emotions. I started love God even more and believe strongly!

throughout these months I met a guy at church and we became good friends. Until one night in June.. He raped me while I was asleep. I literally woke up to it... After that I completely shut down when it came to Jesus and his love for me. I dont even go to church as of this moment. I miss being close to god but I am so hurt and angry that I can't open myself up like I did before. I know Jesus loves me... I don't understand why he let me get raped... That's why I shut down. I want to be the Godly woman he made me to be but I dont even know where to start... I tried therapy and I hated it... What do I do? I really need advice!

Most Helpful Guy

• What are you looking for in terms of guidance? your next move, what to believe, how to think, and how to make sense of what happened?

I should be able to help you there, I can offer you the truth, and it may hurt, but it's better then lies in the long-term, feel free to make your choice.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, God doesn't control rapists. Hundreds of people get raped everyday including babies. Do you honestly think that God authorized them all? If you learn to bounce back from rape and become a stronger person and help people who are in a similar situation, you'll feel God's presence again. God exists where there is love and goodness. God created people to support and help one another. Not to just go to church and sing hyms. Once you learn to stop blaming God for what an asshole did, you'll become close to him again.

What Guys Said 7

• It's not your fault you were raped. Just because you're a Christian, doesn't mean bad things will never happen to you.

God will never give you more than you can handle. He must think I'm a LOT more stronger than I do! I'm so sorry this has happened.

Where to begin... first of all realize you STILL ARE the woman He wants you to be. He loves you still, and nothing - even this - can dent that volume of love!

Next remember what happened to many of the huge figures in the Bible. Joseph was wrongly tossed in jail. Daniel - into the Lions den. Esther had to go before the King, literally risking her life on behalf of the Jews. King David's daughter was raped - by her own BROTHER! Just because you believe, doesn't mean you're immune to bad things.

Try to go back to church. You don't have to say anything to anyone about what happened. Keep looking for professional help though. While the reason for this is not known now, it may be that some young lady will need your comfort in the future, someone who desperately need the help you may be able to provide. That has happened in my life - where I wonder what all the stress, the problems, the loss of (whatever) was all for. Years later, God shows me why.

• He didn't let it happen nor is he testing. Only Satan tempts and tests. Being a super-christian doesn't mean freedom from storms it means peace during a storm

• "I don't understand why he let me get raped.."

There is simply no force that controls the moral compass of human beings. Attempting to make sense of the impossible will ultimately drift you further from reality. You need treatment for rape, if you need someone that is sensitive to your religious beliefs then try finding a different therapist.

Don't you think it's strange that someone just knows that "God doesn't control rapists"? "God exists where there is love and goodness." -yet he is omnipresent? "God created people to support and help one another." -yet he uses people to kill others. "Do you honestly think that God authorized them all" -God is all powerful but can't control every will?

You will find more unanswerable questions trying to find answers for why God didn't protect you.

• Sorry this happened to you. I may despise religion, but I despise rape much more. I empathize with you. I hope you can put this horrible event behind and live a normal life again.

• I'm not a Christian, but doesn't your religion believe people have free will? The LORD had no control over this man's actions in the capacity of either causing or preventing them. People will do what they will do, and sometimes that's very good, and sometimes that's terrible. Christ loves all, including the rapist, so he wasn't exactly going to be stricken down for his sin. And Christ loves you. This isn't the time to turn away from Him - this is the time, more than ever, to be near to Him.

• According to the Bible, God gave everyone free will. This guy used his free will to rape you--it had nothing to do with God.

• It's all a part of his plan

What Girls Said 3

• I'm so sorry you were raped.
    I think what is important to know is that Jesus is not omnipotent. People like to say God and Jesus are omnipotent but I don't think They are. They can't interfere with human actions, because of the law of Free Will.
    know that Jesus's arms are always open to people who are oppressed and/or suffering. Jesus knows what it's like to suffer, and wants nothing more than to show love and kindness and comfort to people who suffer.

• Awe hun im so sorry that happend to you , but ill i can say is find your comfort in god and ask for a resolution try a group therapy or something

• I am so sorry this happened to you. If you miss it, go back to church. It may mean going to a new church but dont atop doing something that makes you happy. God bless.