What has feminism done for men?

If you're a male feminist then how has feminism helped you?

Yup, thats what I thought

Most Helpful Guy

• Feminism taught me how to respect women...

Just kidding, I've always known that. Only thing feminism tells me is that my problems are not as important just because I'm a man.

Most Helpful Girl

• Crushed their self worth. Feminism is more for female advancement. I wish they would just admit this instead of trying to play it off.

Though, now they're tackling men's issues like trying to stop male circumcision.

What Guys Said 24

• Feminism made millions of men not get married nor date women.

It's the most manipulative movement there is. It's female dominance and oppression. It's about pushing their previledge in an already female previledged society.

If they performed like men did, they would already be considered as equal but they want the easy way out. They don't put in the work as males do but want all the previledge that come with it

It's a failed ideology that isn't going to prevail.

Feminists are one of the most obnoxious and vile people on earth and it goes against God's design for male female relationships and I'd think it's an abomination to him as well.

• Feminism has taught me that I am evil, because I'm male; all of my ancestors who gave their lives for their wives and society as a whole--many, including my grandfather who risked dying horribly in a mine to provide for my grandmother, were really just trash: power-trippers who enslaved women in marriages, condemned them to the house to raise their kids, while they infinitely benefited from their overwhelming power and freedom (by dying a lot). Feminism has taught me that women are weak and inferior, so they should be given handicaps and be protected from animalistic and powerful, dominant men

The less misandrist modern feminism has taught me that modern feminists will say they care about male issues, but it's really just superficial--a way to appear like they're being fair and equal, when really they're just saying "shut up and focus on women." Which teaches me that it's useless to mention any male issues--or any of my issues--because no one will give a fuck, and might even call me a misogynist or a pussy for taking the focus away from women--even for a second

Feminism has taught me that women are not responsible for their own actions, and if a woman does something feminism doesn't agree with, it's not the woman's choice, it's the evil patriarchy--men--who forced her to do it through invisible means. Feminism has taught me that men are so powerful, that they are like magical wizards who erect invisible barriers to prevent women from succeeding in life, and to force them to do things they don't want to do, like becoming a stripper and making a shitload of money. Feminism has taught me that women are like children who can't make their own decisions

Feminism taught me that my role as a sacrificial pawn or a husband will not be respected. That if I give my life for a woman or my country or my family, or work my ass off, my grave will be spat on as if I were a wife beater, in 100 years. That I will still be viewed as an inept fool who was never good enough, in contrast to the infinitely clever and wise wife. Feminism has taught me that women are strong, independent, co-dependent, weak flowers

Feminism has taught me that it is women who have the social power and dictate what society cares about in large part. It has taught me that male power is overt and noticeable, but female power is just as strong, if not stronger, but subtle, insidious

And that it's up to women if male issues are addressed, cuz men will just sound like whiny pussies if they bring it up

• Aww that's awful D: I'm truly sorry. For real, no sarcasm.

• o. o It's not your fault. But thanks. Feminism is damaging to both males and females, in my opinion.

• This is what feminism says on the subject
    mic.com/.../23-ways-feminism-has-made-the-world-a-better-place-for-men
    Okay, well, I disagree with many of their points, but I will agree that they did force open certain professions to both genders such as nursing, and cheer-leading. That the sexual revolution made our hookup culture possible (for better or worse), and it has helped de-stigmatize kinky sex.

• It's helped in some ways and hurt in others. It's helped because some girls will now not judge some mens "manliness" by how fat his wallet is or how he displays masculine traits so guys who find girls like that will feel less pressure (i guess the key is to find those individuals). It's probably pushed men and women farther apart of being empathetic in whole though from one another rather than sympathizing with one another. Many men now just see women as competition for careers and don't see them as lovers or friends anymore. They don't want to be outdone by females in work and they don't want their spouse making more money than them so it creates a bitter loathing for one another.

However, this divide is more to do with just new ideologies. The existence of a different ideology will create a rift no matter what it is as long as the ideology is different from the current one. Of course men and women are more in unison in older days when there'd really only be one way of seeing the world. With feminism they said the world can be lived in a different way but that didn't make the way people seeing the world originally vanish. So now there's the original way, the feminist way, and a bunch of people somewhere in between.

Frankly for me the label doesn't mean much. I don't judge people on what they say they stand for; I judge them for what they physically choose to do. I live by the phrase that actions speak louder than words.

• Gender egalitarian checking in.

Having women on the same level plane as men in the corporate world is fantastic because talented and smart women are in key positions, where otherwise mediocre individuals would be.

• A male feminist? Don't make me laugh

• nothing. nothing at all

• Well feminism teaches all women to be sluts out of spite for all the centuries in which they were taught to be conservative. This makes it easier for all the manwhores to get what they want.

• Feminism has been a great source of amusement via internet memes

• It taught them a few good manners.

• I think it has seriously damaged millions of men and boys.

it has zero socially redeeming factors.

and I think
    manginas are disgusting.

• I'm just neutral with feminism

• I doubt they got much clunge from it. BOOYAH.

• It's told religion to f*** off, so now women can explore sexuality.😉 Feminism has entertained the thought that men have feelings, too. Just to name a couple.

• Nothing that I know of.

• It helped reinforce the dream world that their mommies and white knight daddies flung them into.

• All feminism has taught me is that I'm supposedly a rapist and a wife-beater for having a penis.

• promoting equal rights for others hasn't done anything for me, its simply the right thing to do

• It's made love more real for some

• It hasn't. Feminism is an opinion just like all other thoughts. I am neither for nor against. I keep my thoughts to myself and live a happier life. I recommend all others do the same to if they are struggling daily dealing with other's shit. =)

• Stimulated my nervous system.

• A male feminist is about as real as spiderman.

• The whole "feminism helps men too" thing is the biggest lie feminism every told, and there are a lot of those lies. Let's be real here... any benefits feminism may have afforded men are negligible compared to all the harm it has done.

• i dont think it affects me at all just like it doesn't affect me that gays are allowed to get married

What Girls Said 2

• i thought it would make men less stressed out. at least at home. less burden on a dude's shoulders- troubles should be shared.

• it's interesting that the suicide rate for men has gone up as the rise of feminism has happened. Many young men of mine, and the younger generations have been raised with single mothers in a feminist household. Perhaps one of the reasons for this mass suicidal depression is that we are trying to force square pegs into round holes?

• It's allowed them to expect their partner to contribute financially so he doesn't have to work 70 hour weeks. (Also that parents didn't have to financially support their daughters until they died if she didn't happen to get married.)

Speaking of work weeks, early feminists were also very involved in labor reform - such as ending child labor, fighting back against unsafe conditions, getting sick days, etc.

They've also helped shake up work stereotypes, so you can have female doctors and male nurses, for example, and whoever is better for the job is in the position that suits them. A bigger talent pool is better for skilled labor, if you are a consumer of services.

The movement helped make birth control more accessible, which doesn't just help "slutty singles" like the stereotype, but moreso helps marital partners (who generally have more sex because they're together more) who can't afford or don't prefer a child every year.

They've also been involved with helping spread overall awareness about sexual health.

I'm not really into belonging to groups that think for me, but there are things that seem beneficial to everyone.