Why do people call people that they disagree with a troll?

Wouldn't that just make the accuser a troll?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• An internet troll is a person that says things to purposefully instigate anger, irritation and whatnot. They are antagonistic for sheer pleasure, not because they are trying to have an actual discussion or debate.

Disagreeing with someone is fine, everyone has their own opinion. But to say sexist, racist, etc. things just to make someone else feel bad is what makes them a troll.

• Maybe it's not to make them feel bad at all. Like they say offense is not given its taken. I do agree that some people are trolls but I often see the word misused.

• Yes, I agree it is often misused or misinterpreted.

Most Helpful Guy

• People these days are too sensitive

What Girls Said 3

• Usually people will call someone a troll is who going out of their way to make the conversation problematic

• By disagreeing with them I have noticed.

• It just so happens that the person who puts really unbelievable questions on the internet - be it here or anywhere else - is most likely a troll.
    I refuse to accept the fact that SO many people could be THAT stupid...

• Yeah I'd agree with that. I see questions that can possibly be real

• To me a person trolls when he/she talks nonsense and make an ignorant pointless view on something. Sadly this word is overused on this site especially by those who are clueless to fight back the arguments. So they throw this word just to make the person looks foolish.

What Guys Said 4

• Because they're full to overflowing with shit. lmao

• Sometimes these people who can't think or attempt to share an argument will instantly go "TROLL" just to make themselves feel smarter without having to engage in a debate.

• It's really trolling unless they kept the argument going and were constantly calling them names or just ridiculing them in general. I abhor people who brand dissenters trolls, personally. They aren't trying to cause trouble, they're stating their opinions. Get out of your echo chambers and smell the coffee!

• because people on the internet are always butthurt