Can you be too confident?

I was very confident for my exam tomorrow and did not know why cause I considered myself to be moderately prepared but today I went to a group study session and I knew about twice as much as everybody else there so now I am even more confident because I know that even if I don't get a good mark I will be at least 20 - 60% higher than everbody else.

Most Helpful Guy

• "NO!," he said confidently while folding his arms and holding his chin up high, while looking smug.

What Guys Said 3

• you can definitely be overly confident or have a false sense of confidence... not saying you are or were but you can be

• I know from past experience that if you feel moderately prepared you're probably 120% ready! :D
    How was the exam? A success I hope?

• People can have way too much ego sometimes and thinks they are all that and whatnot

What Girls Said 2

• When it comes to that situation, I don't think there's such a thing as too confident. I think it's wonderful you feel that prepared! However, your confidence could be seen as arrogance or as you being egotistical if you went on and on about it to your group members.

• It's better to be too confident than having little confidence. There's a huge difference between being cocky & arrogant with confidence and being quietly confident. People with a high ego tend to have it deflated very quickly , but those who are quietly confident usually get put on a "pedestal" by other people.