Guys, Would you date a girl who doesn't want to have sex until marriage?

44

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I wouldn't. For these following reasons:
    1. Girls who don't want to have sex until marriage are usually very conservative or very religious or both. That's not the type of girl I want to date. I am very liberal and non-religious myself and I can't really deal with stuck-up people well (no offense but I don't like it when young people talk like 80-year olds).
    2. Girls who don't want to have sex until marriage are usually also conservative about sex. This means that the girl won't be willing to experiment and try out new stuff and that sounds like a recipe for failure. Sure, in the first 3 years of your marriage, you won't care but at one point, you wanna try something new and I would hate it if my wife just always said "no, that sounds really weird!"
    3. In German we have an idiom that goes "to buy a cat in a bag". It means to get into something without even knowing whether you're gonna like it (because the cat's in the bag when you buy it, you can't see if it's healthy or not). I don't want to buy any cats in bags. Sex is an important part of a relationship and I'm not willing to take the risk of getting into something where I later find out "wow, this girl really sucks at sex". I'm not saying I would necessarily break up with a girl just because she sucks at sex but as her long-term boyfriend I believe I have the right to KNOW whether she's good or bad at it. If I get married, it is my utmost interest to make the marriage last. However, this is only possible if I can make an informed decision. And I can only make an informed decision if I know as much about my girl as possible. Naturally, that includes sex.
    4. Lastly, I personally don't get why anyone would wait until marriage with sex. That's like saying "I'm not gonna drink any alcohol until I get married". It just seems very silly to me. I think it has to do with the fact that most virgins think of sex as something reeeeeally big and special because they've never actually had it. But the truth is: it's not. I love sex but it's really not that special once you've had it for a while. Conservative girls who want to wait until marriage frequently make this distinction between casual sex vs. sex when married, assuming that sex will for some reason be much more intimate and romantic if it's with a person you love a lot. But as somebody who's been in a long-term relationship I can tell you that even if you have sex with somebody you love dearly, 95% of sex is pretty casual (quick fucks before work etc.).

• Ok well I'm not very religious and trust me the only reason I'm waiting is because I don't want to get pregnant and have the guy leave me and be a single mother and I DONT want to get pregnant in high school I already know what I want and I want to be able to provide for my family when I have one and not paying for college

• Well, that's very normal and good of you to have these wishes but that does NOT mean you have to chastize yourself! Here in western Europe, pretty much everyone has sex before marriage. This US-American notion of waiting until marriage is practically unknown here. And YET, teenage pregnancies are much lower over here. People also get married much later. Most Europeans marry around the age of 30-32. We don't really have people marrying at age 20 like in the US. Part of the reason for this is because women too, want to achieve certain goals. They want to get a good education, get a good job, earn some money and safe it up, go travelling etc..
      So you see, it's totally possible to have sex and not get pregnant. I have been with my girlfriend for 5 years and we won't get married for another 3-4 years but we've been having sex from the very beginning without any pregnancies coming in our way. Today with all these countless different aims of contraception, it shouldn't be an issue, should it?

What Guys Said 43

• Most definitely, absolutely. She would score big with me. Nothing is wrong with that. Crown her Empress

• BULLSHIT. You have needs.

• @Godly_Counsel What say you? Pray fi dem?

• It is already done. I stood in the gap long before you even asked.

• My fiancĂ©e and I are waiting until marriage. We're both virgins. It will be three years by the time we get married.

• Awww now that's sweet that's relationship goals right there

• No it's not. A relationship goal is something like "we want to have children together" or "we want to start a business together" or "we want to save up money so that we can go on a trip around the world one day". THOSE are relationship goals. Keeping yourself chaste is just an unnecessary way of making life less fun. There's absolutely no rational reason why it would make sense. And more importantly, it supports this absolutely idiotic and horrendous 18th-century puritan notion (which the asker also seems to support) that women who have sex before marriage are sluts or whores. Not only is this extremely stupid and misogynistic, I also refuse to think of women in such a way. If you believe that sex outside of a marriage makes you dirty as a woman, you basically buy into the same bullshit that the people in the Salem witch trials believed.

• @BlueCoyote ok I'm not thinking that your a slut if you sleep with a different guy every night and if u cheat your a slut so don't pull that bullshit on me

• That will make you a lot more attractive to marriage minded men.

• This is a tough question. I'd like to think the answer is yes, but the truth is all the women I've dated, and "my type" this has never been an issue. To put it blunt, all the women I date are very feminine, very passionate, very attractive, very confident/straightforward, which is a perfect formula for a high sex driven relationship once we get close enough for intimacy to happen.

• Naw but we could be friends tho. Cuz I'd rather not have some "pussy" right there... that I can't touch,

• Maybe go out with her on a date, you don't need to have sex to have a fun time with someone but I couldn't have a lasting relationship with her.

• Hopefully not. Marriage is just a legal construct. And I don't want to get involved with any religions.

• Yeah, I'm waiting too, so that'd be fantastic, ideal even.

• I'd hang out with her, not date.

• I would respect her wishes but it wouldn't be a dealbreaker

• Excellent. That would give me time to try to fix my unhealthy attitudes towards sex so I would actually want it with her.

• i'm a virgin. but i'd wanna at least do oral. hug me something.

• No I would not

• I never want to get married but i appreciate such girls a lot

• If I liked her then yeah. Sex is very good but I don't believe that it's the focal point of a relationship.

• If she was the girl of my dreams and/or if she gave bomb ass head

• Yes, LOL LOL lololol!!! But that doesn't mean she's going to get any from me, lol!

• Maybe 20 years ago I would have :)

• Yes if I really liked her. I think the right girl is worth waiting for

• yes I would but depends on how fast she wants to get married lol

• I would date but I wouldn't be like waiting half my life alone because of someone who has only a low percentage ratio of being my ideal partner. so consider it starting as friends and if things go well enough she might turn into my top choice

• These men are lying because sex is an important part of a relationship.

• No its not

• Ok y'all are ass hole who need their dicks cut off you can be added to my list of guys that need their dicks cut off and shoved all the way down their throats

• @Anno_Domini I didn't say it is the most important but it is still important.

• Yes I would.

• Sure would but I'd be marrying her pretty fucking quick

• No chance. She'd be in for a long wait as I'm not getting married

• I'd encourage it. I wouldn' mind either one but this would make me respect her a whole lot more.

• No. Sexual chemistry is very important to me.

• Yes I would. A relationship is built on many different factors, not just sex. And a partnership forms when each partner respects the other's wishes.

• Yes i would date her

• uhh no, maybe if she was satisfying me in other ways

• More from Guys
    13