I dress and act white?

I'm black but I was raised in a mostly white school so I've been told several times that I act/talk white since I was little and now people are saying I dress white. (Uggs, northface, patagonia, oversized "preppy" brand t shirts etc.) and it doesn't help that most of my friends are white.. Is that a bad thing? I don't know how I should take it.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't keep saying "I dress and act white", this is the sort of shit that's going to hold your race back. Do you really need to be "ghetto" to be black? Of course not, that's like saying you have to be a redneck southerner to be white.

• I'm not though thats was the question but thank you!

Most Helpful Girl

• Being from a certain race doesn't stop you to be who you wanna be.

What Guys Said 3

• I would think its a good thing.. Its definitly good from a job perspective... I don't know if this will help, but when i get mad, i talk black for some reason...

• Dress however you want. People are going to make stupid racist remarks no matter what. If that's what you find stylish and comfortable to wear then wear it.

• It's not a problem at all. Don't feel pressured into something you're not. You are you, and don't regret it.

What Girls Said 0