Be 100% honest?

How would you feel if someone close to you passed away and had something they had that you wanted? That person left no instructions not a will just random stuff. And someone else got that thing you wanted? Now that person knew you liked it and were always into buying/collecting this particular thing and decided to keep it. How would you feel?

I can already tell this isn't going to work.
Mods just remove it. Just of asked a Dick size question would of been taking seriously.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would feel really pissed off, especially if the person knew I wanted it. I can relate. When my mother died I had wanted a ceramic goose she used to dress up for every season. It even had an outfit for every holiday. She adored this stupid goose and I had jokingly remarked many times how when Mom died I wanted it. My aunt took it from the house and now keeps it in a box in her basement.

• Thank You someone gets my question.

• Of course. It especially hurts because you really wanted the thing and it belonged to a person close to you as well so even if it's stupid, like a goose lol, it's value to you is like multiplied by a thousand.

• I agree 100%. I wanted these watches my grandfather had in his safe for years. My uncle took one and my other uncle is taking the other. And they don't even like or wear watches.

Most Helpful Guy

• I realize you already gave up on this but no, I'd be disgusted by myself if I went all haywire over some dead person's past belongings.
    At the most I'd do a "awwh, I'd have liked that." to myself. When no one else is around.

• So you wouldn't be a little upset? But what if that person got other things as well.

• Makes sense. Like I told someone my grandfather had to watches in his safe he stopped wearing I'm into watches and instead of me getting them both went to my uncles who dont even like or wear watches.

• Two not to

What Girls Said 5

• I would feel like crap and I would demand to have it. Honestly, if they did this just to toy with you, definitely not cool. I'd say you tell them that it means a lot to you and it's actually something special that you have your heart set on, just keep bugging them to be honest, dig a thorn in their side so to speak

• I wouldn't feel any certain way, I mean if they didn't leave no note I wouldn't fight for it, I would be more bummed about the passing than a material item. However if it was sentimental to me I would explain it to the other person

• Pretty bad i would be angry

• It depends. If I as unrelated and they were relatated to the dead person I'd be ok with it. If we were both related I'd ask the person if I could have it. If not I'd think they were being selfish

• Id be too busy mourning them to be concerned about what stuff they did or did not leave me in their will...

• Not a Will just random stuff. Ok let's say its been several months or longer?

• Again no i would not be concerned with what stuff i got/could get off my dead friend...

What Guys Said 3

• How I felt would depend on what legal right I had to be a beneficiary of the decedent and whether the decedent's possessions were distributed by someone who had the legal right to assume that responsibility.

• Let's say the widow or widower had no papers saying who gets what?

• But why would he take it if he never wears a watch?

• He doesn't need to have a reason. That is something entirely between your uncle and your grandmother.

• Happened to me.. No point in being angry... But if that person knew it was meant for you, watch yourself around them... From my experience

• Oh may I ask what happened?

• It's the end of the world if that ever happens...