Why aren't ALL immoral things, illegal?

A lot are but not all, why?

0|0
1|7

Most Helpful Girl

• If it's just something that's frowned upon society but not really a criminal activity, not something that can get you sentenced then it's not illegal.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Who says they are not?

What definition are you using? It becomes an incredibly tricky thing to try and define. What one person things is immoral is different than what another person thinks.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights is probably the closest thing we have to a basic set of 'these things seem pretty important, they seem like pretty fundamental basic moral rights', and it's been agreed upon by...50 countries I think? It took force under international law in the 70s. So.. if that is what handles moral and immoral things, then immoral things ARE illegal, according to international law. The USA seems to break some of these laws, despite signing it, so there could be some arguments that the USA has some morality issues, and it seems to be sliding quickly towards even more as it seems to be on the verge of abandoning Article 3 completely.

If it comes down a case of what you personally think is immoral, that becomes much trickier. That would then depend on how close your thinking was to the Universal Declaration of Rights, I suppose. If it starts getting considerably different than the 'definition', then it becomes harder to justify why your version should be used instead of mine, or some dude down the street, or whatever. Everyone will have a slightly different take on it.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Guys Said 6

• The modern western world is more tolerant for many problematic things for better and worse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ugh read the basics of criminology u will know why

0|0
    0|0
  • What is and is not immortal various with opinions.

0|0
    0|0
  • For some, masturbation or sex before marriage is immoral. Where does that put you?

0|0
    0|0
  • What's immoral for you?

0|0
    0|0
  • cause moral is a a term that is precived different from each individual

0|0
    0|0