Who is your favorite philosopher?

Aristotle.

1329

Most Helpful Guy

• Myself =) but I take a lot of my work and credit idea's from John Locke, Plato or shall I say pluto ;P and resembled them to a more finer tuned Aristotle Aerospace Aerodynamics attic bat socks with jim bulooshie I fart huckabie flanders inquisitive exquisite marklar monarchy horse radish reddish Swedish sweat balls behavior.
    fleascience.com/.../flea-jump.gif

Most Helpful Girl

• Nietzsche.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 28

• I have always thought of philosophy as that awkward space between religion and science. More thought than religion, but less actual work than science.

• Aristotle and Plato

i really like any of the socratic thinkers (especially Aristotle and Socrates) but Plato is definitely my fave of them

Aristotle's Doctrine of Means is honestly something i live my life by
    and Plato's allegory of the Cave is absolutely brilliant

• I am so excited to read the allegory of the Cave. One of the classics I want to read before I die.

• it's at time both simple and complex to comprehend but totally genius. i truly believe that there is a definite truth to it that all of us sort of live in something of a cave.

• 2|4
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger 😁
    Jk,
    Dr. Rawls out of Harvard for contemporary. Macillavelli for historic.

• Aristotle & Niccolo Machiavelli

• Back when I took the class I preferred Aristotle over Plato. I don't know now. They all have interesting perspectives. I really like Socrates acting like a gadfly and "Allegory of the Cave" by Plato.

• John Locke is my favourite I agree with him on a lot of topics. Nietzsche has some good points but I disagree with him on the idea of arbitrary morality without God. Thomas Hobbes' view on people is interesting to say the least.
    Finally Rousseau's idea of the social contract can be expanded on. Not a fan of ancient philosophers.

• George Carlin.

• Oh nice one. Even though he's a comedian I consider him something of a philosopher too

• Depends on my mood of the day. If I'm feeling jaded I go with Plato. Otherwise it's usually John Locke.

• Immanuel Kant. Sexist and overly-christian, but other than that the idea of moral imperatives seems flawless to me.

• Alan Moore,
    Watchmen will teach you more about philosophy and morality than a college class

• Michael Jordan or Brett Farve :p

• Machiavelli or George Orwell

• I don't know but Leonardo Da Vinci was my favorite creator of things and inventor.

• Hume and Kant are both very interesting.

• i'll go wit ma boi j-locke!

• Mine is Friedrich Nietzsche and his idea of philosophy with a hammer

• freud.

.

• Bob marley, the only thing that i disagree with him about is the fact that there's a jesus with a loooong dick... u better get that..

• Socrates I guess...

• Thomas Hobbes...
    Machiavelli...

• Myself, obviously

• Oh yes because everyone has a favourite philosopher.
    😔

• Manly P Hall.. been reading a lot of his stuff right now..

• Confucius

Marcus Aurelius

• Plato.. Socrates

• Oscar Wilde!

"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilisation in between."

• I like Socrates. Does Bruce Lee count too? I like him too. Lol.

What Girls Said 12