Do you believe in reincarnation or one soul life?

i say one soul life :))))))))))))))) and you?

• reincarnation
  • one soul life

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't believe in either, but I think reincarnation would be cool.

Most Helpful Guy

• you can't prove which one is true, or if either of them are true, but I'll play along because it's fun to think about. I believe more in reincarnation.

I read a book recently that mentioned a "substrate consciousness." In Buddhism, it is the basis for subsequent incarnations. Here's a quote from the book:

"It could be said that it is not the individual that reincarnates but successive expressions of an individual continuum of a substrate consciousness. This mental stream begins to become configured at conception and is then modified by the thinking, emotions, behavior, and experiences of the individual being throughout one's life... Wholesome behavior imprints positive karma leading to a more positive future and possible evolution toward enlightenment. Nonvirtuous activities imprint negative karma - seeds that result in negative outcomes in the future. Therefore, the substrate consciousness is similar to a computer memory chip, where previous inputs constantly modify the present and condition the future operation of the computer."

(taken from 'Dreaming Yourself Awake' by B. Alan Wallace)

What Girls Said 1

• reincarnation in Heaven

What Guys Said 3

• I'm an atheist, but reincarnation seems more realistic than one soul life.

• Eeeh... No soul life?

• both are suilly concepts.