Is it ok to beat an animal to death in this situation?

In this story, an Indian guy beats a cobra to death by grabbing it by the tail and beating its head multiple times against the track. It was reported the cobra killed his son.

I feel bad for animals that get mistreated but yes, I would probably be beyond pissed if an animal (esp a highly venomous one) killed one of my family members.

Link where he can be seen beating it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3359743/Father-beats-COBRA-death-avenge-son-animal-killed-boy-India.html

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't blame the cobra - it's a wild animal. It's not like it knew why it was being beaten to death. I hate this kind of thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't kill it. A life for a life, sure, but it's not going to solve anything.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes in this situation you kill the animal since it is the only punishment you can give to an animal

What Girls Said 2

• Why would you include the link wtf is your problem.

• Because I'm asking a question and wanted to share it that's why.

• You're the complaining in your question. For your information, I ain't got no fucking problems. I just asked a simple damn question fucking bitch.

• fuck you

• I feel like all bets are off in a deadly encounter with an animal.