Do you agree with what this male gager said about girls?

Some girl asked what guys like in a girl and I said guys like girls that are confident along with a bunch of other good qualiites that I can't remember right now and some guy down voted my answer cause he said guys don't give a crap how much confidence a girl has and will date her if they like her in other ways.

Do you agree with the guy who said guys don't care whether or not a girl is confident? I had girls in my class ignoring me but when they saw how confidently I presented myself during a presentation that we had to do in front of the class - they started treating me like I was greatest thing ever. Also I was a lot more popular with guys after I became confident. When I was fuming with self-hatred, guys never asked me out despite the fact I was physically more attractive when I lacked confidence due to being more fit.

Most Helpful Girl

• It was probably one of the 1000 bitter guys here on gag who thinks women have too high standards in guys, like that women search for confidence in their partners. But often guys aren't different at all.

They often want more confident girls as well. It's just that the idea of girls wanting confident men is more active than the other way around because of the idea of initiating while dating or being submissive or dominant while sex.

Confident often means stable and being stable is an attractive feature.

What Guys Said 4

• women definitely like confidence, for men it's more about looks.

let's assume you have the looks down because that way, everything you've talked about makes more sense:

'girls in my class ignoring me'

jealousy because you look pretty

'when they saw how confidently I presented myself during a presentation that we had to do in front of the class - they started treating me like I was greatest thing ever'

social status conveyed primarily to women (not so much men) through confident demeanour - so basically you will be popular now in spite of their envy just because you are perceived as being likeable.

' I was a lot more popular with guys after I became confident. '

guys tend to approach confident attractive girls more, not because they don't like the unconfident ones, just because the confident girls are more approachable.

• Confidence is not something i look for..

• Yeah guys just care about if the girl is attractive to him, kind and loyal. Not a slut, and actually has some ambition to support herself rather than leeching off him.

• It doesn't work when you don't have a bangin bod lol

What Girls Said 1

• Was this guy thotramuss by any chance? He messaged me asking if looks and age mattered to girls and I said yes, but confidence strongly affects how attractive people perceive you to be. He told me he didn't like confident girls; just girls who were physically hot. I proceeded to argue that those girls wouldn't look so hot if they weren't confident but he refused to believe me.

• Some guys are jerks and want a girl that is insecure and easy to control. My dad is always trying to destroy my confidence cause he thinks submissive girls are more attractive.

• @Asker (you have too many numbers in your username @_@) I agree there are some guys that prefer more submissive women, though I also think there are a lot of guys who don't realize that girls who dress in hot clothing, do their hair and makeup well, and overall act "hot" are also very confident. You wouldn't see an unconfident girl in body-flaunting clothing; she'd more likely be in a hoodie and normal jeans, even if she did have a "rockin' bod."

• I had to block Throtramuss because he asked me that. I told him it matters to me more when men are not annoying. So he asked me again another time. So I reminded him that I already gave my answer. Then I was like f it and I blocked him.