Why do some woman get dressed up when they are engaged or married and are not interested in the males they see?

One of my friends is always wearing make up, expensive clothes, high heeled shoes and fashionable clothes to school and I dont know why she does it. She wears a wedding ring so no guy will ask her out and she is engaged and basically only talks to woman for the most part.

Who is she dressing up for? We are college students if that matters.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she's a show off? Lol also there's girls out there that want to feel proud to have a nice family and be with her boyfriend and make it clear that no other girl would be with her man bc she dresses well. Also I'm not saying that's the reason , she could be dressing up for her man to make sure he doesn't leave her?

What Guys Said 4

• maybe she just loves to do it for herself, she feels sexy doing it (and this is a good thing) or she just likes that kind of look

OR she likes knowing she's making all those guys turn heads and get hard =p even if they dont ask. its nice to be desired too

probably just likes to dress up expensive and fashionable though, nothing wrong with it

• Some people like to look good. For themselves and here's the kicker, for the person they're dating too. Letting yourself go and not giving a shit when you "got the guy" is a good way to lose him.

• I think it's because they like the classy look... doesn't matter if it's to show off versus friends, family, collegues or just when going out shopping.
    It's "their style"... without that classy dress and heels they feel like someone else :o

• Hey some women like some side action hate to say it. But why would she wear her ring? I don't know fishing for compliments?

What Girls Said 2

• Why do you need to look good for other people? Don't you feel more confident when you're dressed up than when you look homeless?

• Maybe because looking good is something most people enjoy?