Why do so many cut down people who are strong, confident and sure in themselves by labelling them cocky/arrogant/snobby etc etc?

Most Helpful Girl

• They are jealous they can't be the same way. I had somebody flag my question when I asked if getting straight As was good (this was despite the fact I had a brain tumour removed as a child and still managed to get straight A's in school) - I was FURIOUS!!!

What Girls Said 5

• Because people feel threatened by such types and sometimes want to bring them down a peg or two, when a person shines others feel less than and try anything to bring them down to their level or lower if they can, it could also be the green monster raising it's head because they are less confident and insecure in themselves.

• Because they are jealous.

• Because there's a thin line between cocky and confident.

• Because its very easy to go from being confident to cocky...

• because they're envious: most people would actually want those traits for themselves, but never gathered the amount of balls necessary to express them.

• It is cloaked envy, concealing how threatened they feel by people who are sure

What Guys Said 3

• Because more often than not they themselves don't have comparable confidence so they try to make little of it by insulting them, thinking that it will take away some of the confidence and credibility.

• Because some people are exactly that, some people can't tell the difference between the the two, others can and see people for what and who they really are. And some people are mistakenly labeled.

• Because it makes them feel better about themselves? Duh?