What's the weirdest looking animal you have seen?

Harpy Eagles look weird to me.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• Hmm- I think I'd go for the somewhat misleadingly named 'Sea Angel'.

40.media.tumblr.com/.../...jIrby1u38rr5o4_1280.jpg

These are actually free-swimming sea slugs, which flutter around delicately with their translucent 'wings'. Those glowing orange bits inside? Those are actually their massive, bioluminescent testicles. As the sea angel grows to adulthood, its skin turns translucent, revealing an impressive set of orange gonads that fill up most of their five-inch long bodies.

Also worth mentioning- 'sea angels' are predators, which are specialized to feed almost exclusively on 'sea butterflies'- actively swimming sea snails which turned their feet into two large paddles, and flutter around eating plankton. And if they weren't disturbing enough already, when the sea angels attack their prey, they spontaneously sprout tentacles from their faces, which are covered in sharp spines, and use them to force their way inside the orifice of sea butterflies' shells, plunge deep inside and pull their prey out.

And they live in the ocean off the coast of Japan. Which actually explains quite a lot...

• I met this little one in Italy: nearly an inch long:

www.dalyaninfo.de/.../nashornkaefer_ganz_800.jpg

• 1|0
    • I saw this vid before... makes you wonder doesn't it... ?

• I think opossums look weird to me

• Proboscis monkey.

• Ardvarks are pretty goofy looking

• Probably those deep sea animals.

But I think what's even weirder are explorers' illustrations of newly discovered animals. Like, they tried their best to capture what they saw, but they just come out looking so... exaggerated and fantastical. Which is cool, bug also weird. Which is what makes them cool. Ja ja

• Spiders, they look like fucking demons

• Well I was walking down the street one night and I happened to glance across the street at the most peculiar thing ever. I sat there and stared at it for a good couple minutes and was baffled at how weird looking it was, I tried getting a picture of it but it didn't turn out since the light was so bad. I stood there across from it for a good minute thinking about how I had quite possibly discovered the weirdest looking creature of all time. Just as I was about to call national geographic, though, a car came by and illuminated the sidewalk just enough to realize the creature was just your mom. Oh well, maybe I'll discover a new species eventually.

So since your mom's out of the question I gotta go with the Gharial.

What Girls Said 7