If you could learn any language fluently what would it be?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I already speak Arabic and French fluently... I might want to add Italian or German!

What Guys Said 11

• I would definitely go with Korean because my long-term girlfriend (and future wife) is from Korea and because we will raise our kids bilingually and I really want to be able to understand everything my children say :-).

• How sweet! I hope everything works out well for you in learning the language of your beloved😊

• Spanish.

Since I already know English, Mandarin fluently, both read and write, I can add in a third and master All 3 master languages.

English, Mandarin and Spanish are the most widely spoken language and these are by far the most spoken language in the world. The Chinese are soon overtaking the world considering that they are immigrating to almost every country (even in Africa, I'm an example) and they are setting up businesses, establishments etc.

English and Spanish would be the most widely spoken languages and would thus be useful to know them all. This allows for flexibility for jobs and oppurtunities and a cultural understanding of different backgrounds which is also useful.

Knowing the hardest language (Mandarin) and the hardest secondary language (English) and knowing Spanish should be a killer combination I'd say.

And the chicks absolutely dig it when you can speak Spanish ;)))))

• I should be fluent in Spanish by now but I kept slaking off and the people on Univision talk too damn fast lol

• It would have to be Spanish, because it is used in a lot of countries as their language or at least one of their languages, so there would be a lot of use for it and it would be helpful

• It would be russian or german

• Japanese <3
    love their culture and also like watching animes in original language... so that would help

• Arabic or Chinese (Mandarin)

• Icelandic. I'm trying to learn it but without much success. I can already speak Dutch and English fluently, so I can communicate in much of the world.

• Old English/Anglo Saxon

• English and Norwegian.

• Well I mean technically speaking I "could" start studying said language right now, nothing is physically stopping me from doing it, I'm just lazy and dont feel like it.

That being said though if I could suddenly get a crazy motivation boost to start studying I would almost definitely want to become fluent in a European language (either French, Italian, or Spanish). I spent most of my high school and college years learning Japanese and it was damn hard, I dont have the motivation or the will to go through learning a language like that again, they say European languages take 500-600 hours of study to nearly master, while Japanese apparently takes 2200-2400. This means that it is almost 4 times harder to learn Japanese then say Italian or Spanish, that sucks, I dont want to spend that much time learning a language again. If I ever learn another language its going to be a Central/Southern European one.

However if I could instantly become fluent in one language without study I would choose a more difficult one. Right now I think I would pick Arabic, Thai or Vietnamese just because the cultures of these two regions interest me, I dont have the motivation to learn the languages, but if I could be fluent in one instantly that would be awesome.

• So, are you really fluent at Japanese now? I've started learning it just half a year ago. I still attend University (it takes longer in my country than in others) and I had some free time this semester, so I decided to enrol in the language course of the Japanese studies' department (in German we call it "Japanologie"). I've had 10 lessons every week and about 2-3 hours of homework and self-study time per lesson at home. It was freaking tough. I already know a bit of Korean because my long-term girlfriend is from Korea but it didn't always help me with Japanese. Especially the Kanji are deadly annoying xD. I want to continue and become really good at it but it's so hard. Both Korean and Japanese afford so much self-discipline because it takes forever to even feel a bit of progress. My mother tongue is Swiss (and German) and when I learned English in middle school, it just kind of came to me. After 1 year I was able to hold simple conversations. Japanese and Korean are not like that...

What Girls Said 10

• Spanish and French.

• The gypsy language. Or Russian.

• European Portuguese

• Russian

...

• Portuguese

• Russian or Arabic.

I already speak Portuguese, French, English and Spanish fluently (and a little German) so I'd like to try something a little "exotic"

• I'd want to learn every single language out there haha

• I would pick all of the languages...

• Icelandic.

• Swedish...