Do you agree with this quote?

Do you agree with this quote ?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. Especially this upcoming generation. I dont think many children know the value of a dollar.

What Guys Said 12

• No. Because most people do not even know the cost of things.
    People know the cost of some things and the value of few things is a better statement.

• this sounds like cynicism. i think plenty of people understand that value of certain things

• I feel like this is just wish-wash from someone who dislikes being around other people.

• It's not wrong, but it's certainly not right!
    Basically Wilde was trolling to get responses because a chic probably broke his heart way back then.

• You do realize this is coming from the man who on his deathbed was drinking champagne and said, "Alas I am dying beyond my means."

• Oh Oscar, so witty, so intelligent, such a maverick, such a fine handsome man.

If Oscar said it then I agree with it and therefore it's true.

• meh, pretentious

• OMG that is soo right

• Yes, indeed... we do take too much for granted and don't appreciate the moments enough

• If it's osar wilde it's an old quote. It's true though

• People don't want to put in the work, in order to reap the benefits. They think they're born with a silver spoon. Sugar tastes better, when it's earned, not given

• The sentiment is true for the majority of people in first world countries.

What Girls Said 3

• yes; we live in a world where we love things and use people, instead of the other way around.

it's all about instant gratification~ the cycle of swiping, Liking, and fucking that sites like tinder and plentyoffish have afforded us. we crave novelty, and we upgrade people like we upgrade cell phones~ for anything shinier and newer (even though the one we have could have sufficed, with a little effort and tlc).

(i work in telecom, hence the cell phone analogy; i see this every day, and the people i deal with don't do any favours for my opinion of humanity in general)

/my 2 cents, for what they're worth.

-von

• I have always liked Oscar Wilde.

• all i could think of is the people who are like "YOLO"