• Yes
    89% (17)58% (14)72% (31)Vote
  • No
    11% (2)42% (10)28% (12)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
3|13

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. Especially this upcoming generation. I dont think many children know the value of a dollar.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• No. Because most people do not even know the cost of things.
    People know the cost of some things and the value of few things is a better statement.

0|0
    0|0
  • this sounds like cynicism. i think plenty of people understand that value of certain things

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like this is just wish-wash from someone who dislikes being around other people.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's not wrong, but it's certainly not right!
    Basically Wilde was trolling to get responses because a chic probably broke his heart way back then.

0|0
    0|0
  • You do realize this is coming from the man who on his deathbed was drinking champagne and said, "Alas I am dying beyond my means."

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh Oscar, so witty, so intelligent, such a maverick, such a fine handsome man.

If Oscar said it then I agree with it and therefore it's true.

0|0
    0|0
  • meh, pretentious

0|0
    0|0
  • OMG that is soo right

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, indeed... we do take too much for granted and don't appreciate the moments enough

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's osar wilde it's an old quote. It's true though

0|0
    0|0
  • People don't want to put in the work, in order to reap the benefits. They think they're born with a silver spoon. Sugar tastes better, when it's earned, not given

0|0
    0|0
  • The sentiment is true for the majority of people in first world countries.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• yes; we live in a world where we love things and use people, instead of the other way around.

it's all about instant gratification~ the cycle of swiping, Liking, and fucking that sites like tinder and plentyoffish have afforded us. we crave novelty, and we upgrade people like we upgrade cell phones~ for anything shinier and newer (even though the one we have could have sufficed, with a little effort and tlc).

(i work in telecom, hence the cell phone analogy; i see this every day, and the people i deal with don't do any favours for my opinion of humanity in general)

/my 2 cents, for what they're worth.

-von

0|0
    0|0
  • I have always liked Oscar Wilde.

0|0
    0|0
  • all i could think of is the people who are like "YOLO"

0|0
    0|0