How do I gain more weight?

so I'm pretty skinny not anorexic skinny but skinny because of my high metabolism. well my boyfriend (who I love so so much) told me I was really boney and said " no offense but that's not a lot " to how little weight I have been able to gain. I don't think he realizes but I've grown up with being this skinny my whole life and I've heard all the jokes and I am VERY insecure about it and I don't know why but when he said those things it really hurt my feelings and I started crying but he doesn't know... my question is how do I gain weight because I've tried for so long but I have no idea what to do please help me ;(

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing easier than that. I've always wondered how to LOSE weight! Just eat more. If you think you already eat a lot (which pretty much every girl thinks) just go ahead and eat double amount of that. Eat a piece of yummy cake or some cookies late at night. Go crazy on pasta. Eat lots of sausage. Eat lots of chocolaty stuff. Eat lots of dairy products, especially cheese. Have some fast food once in a while. But tons of butter on your bread and loads of chocolate powder into your milk. Don't eat a banana for breakfast, go with bacon and eggs and pancakes.
    I'm not saying you should leave a totally unhealthy life. You can still eat fruits and veggies but just eat fatty stuff on the side. Also, ONLY eat veggies that actually help your body. Do not eat green stuff that doesn't matter. One of these things is salad. A crazy amount of people (women in particular) keep stubbornly claiming that salad is healthy. It's not! Salad does not contain ANYTHING. Salad is simply fiber. It doesn't contain vitamins, it doesn't contain minerals, it doesn't contain proteins or carbs or anything that could possibly help your body in some way. You could as well eat some sheets of paper. So cut away the salad and use that space in your stomach to eat some real healthy stuff (tomatoes, broccoli, paprika, zucchini, eggplant... you name it) and of course to eat more unhealthy stuff. I guarantee you with this diet you'll gain weight in no time.

• That's not really how the body works. Her metabolism will break most of it down and crap out the rest. I'm like her. If I just stopped exercising and started eating a lot of junk food I'd actually start losing weight.

• @Octavius I don't believe that. Every body will eventually gain weight if you eat enough carbs, sugar and protein. I used to be very boney myself when I was a teenager (I am 6'2'' and I used to be 58 kilos, that's about 125 pounds (as a guy, that is)). But then I started eating a lot because I was going through some very rough times and before I knew it, I had gained no less than 50 pounds (within about 2 years).

• Well just because that's how your body works doesn't mean that's how everyones bodies work. I'm around your height and when I was 18 I stopped exercising for a month or two because I had just started college and started gorging and eating like shit and I went from 180lb to around 160lb. I'm now 185lb and I eat healthy and exercise and I'm trying to get up to the mid 190s and I won't accomplish that by simply stuffing my mouth.

Most Helpful Girl

• well im here having the same prob. only diff, i dont eat much but ofc i wanna gain weight and i will tryr after college stress is over

What Guys Said 2

• Eat lots of protein and build some muscle at the gym.

• Eat a chinese buffet every day.

What Girls Said 1

• just eat a lot. carbs, high calories

• I do :( I think I might need to go to a doctor or something to see what they say because I've tried a lot of things