Should I press charges against my abusive boyfriend?

Let's pretend I have a boyfriend XD I'm just trying to see something.

I cheated on my boyfriend and when I told him what I did he slapped me and left a red mark on my face, I cried because he hit me hard, so should I press charges?

Most Helpful Guy

• Both him (the guys from the other question), and you, shouldn't press charges, it's just one slap, not something that has happened many times. A punch would have been different, obviously, but it's just a slap, though it's still wrong.

If a dude goes to the police with that story of the other question, he would be laughed at in his face. A girl would be another story... xD

Most Helpful Girl

• i wouldn't. a slap is nothing lol. punch is a different story.

What Guys Said 31

• Doesn't matter if you sleep around with one guy or 100 behind his back. He hits you, that's assault and battery and you definitely can and should press charges.

• They won't arrest him for one slap. That isn't "abusive" that is reacting to you being a complete bitch and betraying his trust and breaking his heart. The fact you would even think you should have someone arrested and ruin their entire life because of a slap after you cheated really shows you are nothing more then a cold hearted cunt.

• Well cheating isn't illegal as stupidly fucked up as it is and hitting is so you technically could.

Haha Amy I think he's just a troll looking for reactions. I'd never hit someone if they cheated on me but I'd feel like absolute shit if they did cheat on me. I'll never cheat and I hope I never get cheated on.

• 😂😂😂😂 that dude, as you so So shall you reap...
    Whatever. In your case you can press charges..
    But in guys case guy can press charges, but then he will considered not being man enough to face a physical attack from a women.
    Hell hath no fury then a women scorned.

• Stop being a pussy! Ronda Rousey his ass.

(I see what you're doing here, and I like it a lot)

• Lol. Nah you deserved it. I never will hit woman but I guarantee that a woman would of done the same thing and a man would be deemed as a pussy if he called the cops. I'd say get over it.

• I disagree with hitting anyone for cheating. I wouldn't hit a cheater. I would ditch them and go NC. I really think that people that react by hitting towards getting their ego or emotions hurt really have self-control issues themselves.

• The fact that this individual would have that reaction of slapping every time someone hurts his/her feelings, still tells me this person doesn't know how to handle stressful situations and would probably excuse it again if they did it again.

• @Vesuvius87 Most likely. But if it didn't escalate any further than a slap it's really petty in my opinion.. People are just so soft today. I've seen someone claim to have PTSD before because his girl went off on him. It's just lulzy.

• Uhhhhh no u should not I mean u might be able to get him on it but will it really be worth the time and effort, not to mention u cheated?

• Well to answer your question hypothetically, since you have asked the question in hypothetical sense.

It wasn't right of you to cheat on your boyfriend and at the same time it wasn't right of him to slap you as well.

• However I think slapping you once can't be termed as abuse, because he only did it once that too in one situation it's not like he has a habit or by nature he is such that he keeps beating you around or regularly has a habit of slapping you then it can be called as abuse otherwise I don't think just one slap in one situation is called as abuse.

In your hypothetical situation you cheated on him so it's natural of him to get angry on you.

• You deserve it, fucking cheater 😜

• You could but I personally wouldn't. you should never hit anybody no matter what (except self defense and stuff like that) and cheating is no reason to do it either, but I would think that I deserved it and it's not worth the effort anyway

• Nope. You deserved it.

• It's technically an assault. However, you are not married so it's not abused. You will need some sort of evidence and eyewitness. Did you go to the hospital? Did anyone see him hit you?

However, don't expect to win the sympathy of the judge. He might just let your boyfriend off on a very very low sentence. Hell, a half decent lawyer can probably get your boyfriend to charge you with something.

• Yeah, you should. It's a crime to be violent towards another person. Depending on where you live, it could be a crime to threaten a person with violence.

• What you did was wrong. He got pissed of you for cheating on him. Accept it and move on.

• Um, yes you should.

Or knife the fucker deep, whatever comes first lol

• Regardless of her cheating; the guy has no right of hitting her; not to mention he's already being abusive as it is, she should have pressed charge there or leave his ass for daymn good

• Give me an online hug I will heal your wounds bby.

Somedai you will find sumone speshful liek me

• No, forget about pressing charges.
    Just go right into his house and KICK his ASS!!!
    That's how i see you Amy, hope you are that BADASS!!!
    lmao... you better hit him harder!

• You could. But you're still a cheating slut.

• It's up to you. But if that's all he did, then maybe you shouldn't? Unless you had to see a doctor, you probably shouldn't. The fact that you cheated on him speaks volumes about YOU, however.

• Let's "pretend" lol. At least admit it if you are with a guy like that. I don't tolerate violence from either gender. But by the way, why would you be with a guy like that? And yes, press charges.

• You're attempt at reverse psychology is pretty sad. Yes, you should because he hit you. And technically, you could have defended yourself and gotten away with it. It doesn't matter what gender it is, it's still violence.

• I know it is still violence. But in both cases is well deserved.

• No, it isn't. Nobody has a right to hit anyone purely because their feelings are hurt.

• If he has only hit you once I would not press charges but if it has happen more than once then press charges.

• Yes. You don't want to be with a violent boyfriend, fictitious or otherwise. :)

• Yes. But I would answer the same on the other question.

• Yea you should...

• Yes you should.

• So many white knight in the comment section.

• Just stay away from him Jesus

• Haah thats from that one guys questions. I called him a pussy haha 😂😂

• Hahaha that was an important part!

• Oh yeah I reread it when you posted a link haha!

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 8

• Hmmmmm, she cheated... he got upset; as a reaction, he slapped her- to add on to his misfortune... it left a mark. He should of just walked away when he got the chance, investing his energy on a slut who cheated just isn't worth it.

• Yes, precisely.

• Yes, I can, actually. If a man can't do it, nor should a woman be allowed to.

• The consequences are much to massive to saddle with this guy for a slap. Not that I condone his behavior, but it's not something that he should suffer for all his life, which is what a DV conviction would do.

• No if it was a punch it would be a different story. Best thing to do is to punch him in the face, or kick him in the balls. :P
    www.totalprosports.com/.../REARRANGED-FACE.gif

https://i.imgflip.com/1nkd8.gif

• I wouldn't press charges if it were me unless the abuse left some sort of disfigurement (which a slap probably would not), but I would leave the relationship. Seeing as how you cheated, you probably don't care about the other person's feelings much anyways.

• Nah, you deserved it.

• They both sound like trash people that deserve each other. Why involve the police lol

• Asker listen to what @MeltedCheese89 said. There is no reason to ever hit someone unless it's done in self-defense (ex: someone coming after you with a knife).

in my opinion someone that reacts violently every time someone stresses them out or whenever they are betrayed tells me that person already has issues and is unstabled and shouldn't even be dating.

• I don't know, that's something you'd have to flip a coin for. You kind of brought it on yourself, then again, he could've taken his anger out in alternative ways.

I've thought about this frequently myself.

• Cheating is immoral , but it isn't against the law. Hitting people is illegal because you can have them arrested.

. I guess if I was in this situation I would let it go and walk away from him. He reacted out of hurt. The emotional pain he is suffering compared to your physical pain , due to the slap is gonna last a lot longer. He'll have scars , you won't

• Under some circumstances, it can also be life threatening.

• in this situation he only slapped her though. I'd walk away and move on from him, if he can't control his hands