Have you ever cut contact with someone, but never told them the reason why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Friends have drifted out of my life over time with little fanfare. Haven't deliberately cut ties and ghosted anyone, though. Especially in the context of a relationship, unless it were done to escape from some kind of abuse, that's a cowardly and hurtful way tk end it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yeah.

What context did someone do it to you in? Maybe I can provide further insight

• Someone did it to me. I have no idea why. Everything was ok then he just cut all ties. I really can't think of what I could have said for him to not want to speak again

• I'm not sure about why a guy would do that. But I think the reasons may be different t when a girl would do that to another girl.

• Ok thanks.

What Guys Said 7

• What would be your motivation for doing that?

• That's what I want to know

• Are my you a bit old for a web site full of teens? My father is nearly your age and he'd never join a site like this

• Aren't

• You may have been his backup and he cut ties when he no longer needed you. I may have felt no chemistry and didn't want to lead you on. No one can be entirely sure.

• Yeah I've done that before.

• Yes. If their behavior is bad enough to warrant excommunication, there is no reason to tell them why.

What is the point?

• I feel like people "cut contact with me" makes me wonder why..

• I've had it happen to me.

I think it's a weak way out of a situation.. outta be an adult about it

• Females will be attracted to this question.

Friggin bitches.

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah i have.

• Not on purpose. But it has happened kind of accidentally :S

• Yes. If I hadn't, I probably would've gone insane.

• That's been done to me before several times.

• Yes I did do that before.

• Yea I have. I had a friend who wasn't a very good friend. She considered herself my best friend, but her other friends hated me. They talked shit about me, they intentionally tried to get her to fight me by spreading rumors, and she got mad at me because I liked a guy that she liked even though I knew him and liked him first. I just felt like she didn't know where her loyalty was. She never stood up for me when her other friends were talking about me, she tried to fight me, our friendship was constantly on and off, and she often abandoned me to hang out with her other friends who hate me. So I decided to stop waiting around for her to make a choice, so I made one for her. So one day I texted her "we need to talk in person". I just always feel as though it's undignified to do things over text. I feel as though if I'm going tk do something important then I shoukd have the guts to say it to their face. So I ran into her one day while she was hanging out with her other friends and I asked her to take a quick walk with me and I told her I didn't want to be friends anymore. She stormed off as soon as the words came out of my mouth. Like five minutes after I started walking home she started calling my phone and texting me and then called me from her cousins phone. I was going to tell her why, but I decided to ignore the calls and the texts. Talking to her about it would only make me feel bad, regret it, and then try to fix our friendship again. Also, I didn't tell her why because I had already told her many times before. I told her so many times how it hurt when she let her friends talk about me, when she left me behind to hang out with them, or how she wasn't loyal but she just didn't care. I wasn't going to repeat myself for the billionth time because if she actually cared she would have listened the first time. I haven't talked to her since. She was my only friend in my neighborhood, but I had to make a tough choice. So now I'm friendless, but I'm doing just fine.

• Thank you for sharing that. I apprevciaye they. Thanks

• Appreciate it**

• No problem