Why do so many 30+ year old men think they're so much better than women the same exact age?

so many guys seem to think the moment a woman turns 30 she becomes a senior citizen. I've seen plenty of people, male and female look 40 while in their early 20's and just as many people in their actual 40's look like they're in their only 20. how much a person drinks/does drugs, pretty much parties in their youth, diets, (exercises or not) and their overall health determines whether or not they end up looking old already in their 30's..

on top of that, the whole fertility argument so many of you like to bring up is bs. while SOME, NOT ALL women have a harder time getting pregnant and/or are more likely to have complications over 35, men over 35 also have poorer sperm quality and risk their children having many genetic disorders and lower IQs and higher chances of mental illnesses.

so seriously, get the fuck over yourselves.

Most Helpful Girl

• Preach. I hate the idea of some stupid shelf life. Like, 30 isn't even half our lives! There's an entire world out there! I'm not going to resign myself to second class citizenry just because some little boy is trying to be too big for his boots.

• while I know it's mostly just bitter men who could never get women, it's still just so bizarre a phenomenon to me.

• Maybe they think of themselves as having a shelf life too and so they lash out at other people to try and make them feel bad like they feel bad?

What Guys Said 12

• Two things in my opinion, in this society single women just lose a lot of their "value" in their thirties because most women that age are already in serious relationships and you're supposed to be settled down. That's why a lot of 30 year old single women can be desperate to find a partner when 30 year old single guys aren't in a hurry at all, which takes me to my second point...

Young women are attracted to older men more than young men are attracted to older women. A man in his 30's can happily be single cause he will still have a lot of young girls with daddy issues who would be happy to be with him. But that much rarer with young guys wanting older women, or older women wanting younger guys.

• this post is about mens attitudes and you're talking about desperate women..

• Lol the irony is fucking real.

• Lmao asker he is right. It's exactly the same, just the tables are turned.

• I've never thought that. Have you considered being a cougar?

• why are you asking me that?

I don't have an issue getting guys. I just noticed every time a guy on here my own age doesn't like my opinion they make some moronic comment about how I'm screwed for being over 30 but they're good because they're men.

• a younger what, guy?

are you actually 54? you seem to be missing the point.

• I'm not missing the point. If you don't like 30+ men's attitudes then be a hot cougar and date younger guys

• U mad?

All our lives it has been young women who have the leverage in selecting men. Then when we age and the tables finally turn, you don't like it that for once the males have the leverage?

• run along, kid.

• Just saying, just because you chose to sacrifice your youthful beauty for the sake of being a "career woman" doesn't mean you're entitled to a man. Should have sought one when you had the chance. As it is, you have to settle for what you get.

• lol, this is what I mean. every lame ass guy who responded made assumptions about me and the way I look and seems to think I have a problem getting men. kid, not to be mean but you're unattractive and pretty ignorant. even if you happen to make a ton of money by the time you're my age, women will only want your money and not truly care about you.

babye ;)

• I mean that's pretty much what some girls are like in their 20's. Men start to be more appealing than similarly aged women for once and it goes to their heads just the same as it does to a lot of 20 year old women. Let's face it, both genders deal with this to some extent. The only thing that changes is which gender deals with it at a given age.

• while it may be true that women get more attention at a younger age, they don't think their better than men because of it. yet it seems a lot of bitter men seem to think they become better than women their same age after 30. funny thing is most these men are still single and not getting any. so shy the big heads

• It very much is true. I'm not bitter towards women but it's something I have seen enough that there's no way I can deny that it happens. It's not all women. Just like it's not all men. And it's not always a blatant admission so much as an attitude. There are a lot of 20 something women who think they're better than men of the same age and quality.

• Really? I don't remember me and my guy friends talk bad about 30's women. In fact, I love older women cuz they are very comfortable in own skin. Nothing wrong with u. I guess certain men have bad experience with their own age women.

• I know there's nothing wrong with me.

I'm just wondering why so many guys the same age act as if women my age are old, while considering themselves much younger.

• only on gag.

• a lot insult my age when they disagree with something I've said.

• It's something we learned from women. :)

• Lol, having trouble finding dates? I'm not!

• I guess because thirty for a man is when he is at his most desirable to women as he usually has his shit together and find all of a sudden he can have his pick of 20 year old women (usually between 25-29). Women are most desirable from 17-29 and revel in that fact. Some women are smart enough to settle down and start making plans before theyturn 30 as to find the best quality man possible rather than have to settle for what they can get as 30 year old plus women have to, increasingly being forced to lower the bar lower and lower as their age advances. You sound a little bit bitter but be fair you had your time in you 20s and those men are just enjoying finally having their time.

• these men that many of you talk about suddenly becoming desirable are only so for women chasing status and money or those who were career minded and blowing off men to focus on those careers before. those are really more desirable, their just what's left to pick from. they're the men women SETTLE on.

• my last boyfriend was 6 years younger than me. the guy before 2 years younger. until recently I always preferred guys under 25 because they're the most attractive and I didn't want a guy who was potentially thinking about marriage already.

not every woman is the same.

• Well there you go. If its good for tge goose its good for the gander.

• Just to piss you off.

• I'm not pissed off. I just don't get it. it makes no sense.

• it's actually funny to me because most of the guys who act that way are single/can't get laid, not by choice.

• Because as a single woman that age you have lost much of your value, whereas for men your age their value is still increasing for years to come. It's not an opinion thing... it's human nature.

• Well, what we say is the balance of power shifts dramatically. Men in their 30s are far more desirable than women in their 30s

• not in the least. you'd be amazed how many men are reaching muddle aged, many while very successful, and can't get a date.

• like I said a woman's perceived age matters more. and most the time how she carries herself determines what age she appears to be.

and not most women are looking for men to provide for them. most women born into money are looking for that because it's what they're used to. the rest are just looking for real love and companionship.

• Wrong, women do look at a man's ability to provide. How many women date men who are broke or work at a fast food place? Not the best ones.

• I don't know I prefer women in their 30s tbh. Something I find about like a 32 year old is sexy, independent, a full grown women ya know, at 24 women my age are still like teenagers some times. Believe me their are a lot of bright young women my age. Its not like I am cougar dating or anything I just find them attractive.

• 32 is not old enough to be a cougar.

• I dont think so thats what I was saying I am not going after cougars per see. I find a working independent women attractive in that age range

What Girls Said 3

• i think it's mainly just GaG
    i have not seen this attitude play out in my real life that much though i'm aware of it
    i just live my life

• for the most part I haven't seen it in real life either, except once: a few months ago I got into an argument with a coworker over something really trivial and he started insulting me so I made a comment about him not doing his job right and he responded with a bunch of psycho-babble that finished with "and you're old". which confused me because he's 6 months older. it actually made me laugh but was still really weird to me because he seriously thought me much older, at the same age, because I'm a woman.

• it doesn't affect me, I was just hoping a guy on here could give a real answer as to why so many men on gag actually think that way. I've concluded it's a defense mechanism for bitter men who couldn't get dates in their 20s. oh well

• Men over 30 are less hostile. Women over 30 tend to become bitchy and cold.

• Im so fertile its not even funny i have a jus and i dont trust it lol who knows man we all getting picked the fuck apart on a daily

• what's a jus? or is that a typo

• ah, ok. yea most women only actually start having issues getting pregnant if they're unhealthy. but that's at any age.

• Lol im healthy sort of im crazier than à Bag of possums but im fertile as fuck