People who are above 17 years old, do you still feel 17 or around that age?

I first heard my mum say that she was 17 in her head but is 34 in reality, then a few other people on the internet. I also read someting about an 80 year old looking in the mirror and seeing an old lady but still feeling 17.

You tell me if this has some truth to it.

• I'm 17 or under/show results
    25% (3)23% (3)24% (6)Vote
  • I am 20+ and still feel 17 (or around that age)
    42% (5)38% (5)40% (10)Vote
  • I am 30+ and still feel 17 (or around that age)
    8% (1)15% (2)12% (3)Vote
  • I am 40+ and still feel 17 (or around that age)
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • I am 50+ and still feel 17 (or around that age)
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
  • I am 60+ and still feel 17 (or around that age)
    0% (0)8% (1)4% (1)Vote
  • Other/Specific answer
    25% (3)16% (2)20% (5)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Sheit, I forgot to add "I am 20+ and DON'T feel 17 (or around that age)"'s

My bad.

0|0
6|8

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel maybe 18-19, and I'm 21. Haha, but I recently turned 21. I feel young, and I think i will for a very long time. I have moments where I think "oh my god, I'm an adult!" "Responsibility for my life? Making my own doctor's appointments. Whaaaaaa" And then other times I feel like "I'm ready to have babies." "Why am I not engaged yet?" "Boyfriend, marry me. I want my picket fence now"

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I don't feel like I've become a much different person in terms of the core of my persona, but I've definitely improved upon what I used to be like when I was 17.

As for whether I still feel like what others feel about "Being 17", I cannot tell. They probably were as mature at 17 as I managed to become by now at 23, and I still have room for improvement.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I was actually pondering about this a few days ago. I haven't necessarily felt any older since I've turned 17. Sometimes I still have to remind myself that I'm not a teenager anymore. People say I'm mature beyond my years but I don't feel it.

0|1
    0|0
  • mentally I'm older because I understand things I didn't before... but otherwise I feel the same.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm 19 but I feel no different from when I was 17. These 2 years really passed by me. I sometimes forget that I'm actually 19 now lol I'm stuck in 18.

0|0
    0|0
  • Age is just in mind. I am 25 and still feel like 16. It depends on how u take urself. My mum looks very young cas she feels young.:):)

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I have always felt much older than I actually am.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I know exactly how your mom feels, especially recently with what has taken place! In some ways, we never actually grow old, psychologically.. and that's a good thing, isn't it?

0|1
    0|0
  • No, not at all... Everything is completly different from when i was 17.. If i spent a week acting 17 now, my life would probly fall apart

0|1
    0|0
    • I'm not asking if you act 17, but if you still think like you did back then?

• Oo.. No... But I've been through hell since then and clawed my way out...

• No poll result: I'm 18 and I still feel 17.

In fact, I think I've felt 13 ever since I was 13. I look the same in my opinion, besides my recent shortened hair. Back then, people would always say I could pass as 18, and now people still say I could pass as 18.

0|0
    0|0
  • I still look like I'm around 17, but I don't have the mindset of a 17 year old.

0|0
    0|0
  • On gag only I do, literally haha
    gag is such a bad influence in my life

0|0
    0|0
  • I turned 18 a few months ago

I still feel 17. 17 was the best age ever for me i doubt I will ever have a year as good as that was damn...

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel around 50% mature. It takes a while, and I am still young.

0|0
    0|0