Do you NEED to hit or throw something before calming down?

I need to throw my fist at the wall until I crack or break the wall. Then I'll start calming down. But if I try and hold it in and calm down, I just get even more angry. are you like this? Or are you able to calm yourself peacefully?

• Yes.
  • Depends what I'm mad at.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes it helps. punch a punching bag or go for a run or something really intense. but not with everything. depends upon what it is.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nah.
    I might feel like hitting something, but if I hit a wall or something full force I'll break it, my hand, or both, and if I don't hit t full force I might as well not hit it at all.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't do anything physical. I think it, but don't do it. I just walk out and start my motorbike up and go for a VERY long ride

• I've had a few moments where I've needed to hit something to get it out. A pillow, the couch, broke one phone...

• I've punched a few walls in the past. Try healthier ways to calm myself down now

• I've never gotten so angry that I need to hit something. When I get angry I just kind of seethe till I'm chill

• Usually no, I don't need to throw anything, and I don't. The only time I toss things lately is to see if I can make it into the trash can from across the room.

• My boyfriend has a punchbag at home so I punch the fuck out of that , and I feel stress free afterwards 👊👊

What Guys Said 10

• I need being alone then.

• I usually find the closest sloot next to me pick her up and throw her against a wall. Then I drink my isolates because I want to get my protein in while I have my anabolic window.

@consultantisback

• There have been times I did, but generally speaking I don't need to. But it also takes a lot of get me mad, so I can usually cut it off before it gets too bad

• No, i can control myself, i bet a lot of people learn to have more discipline over time.

• punching things does not lack of discipline,. it can bet an important part of it. physical exertion to release negative energy, is very healthy and often necessary -- as long as is mindful. 'control' can just mean stuffing things in till we explode over get sick or project the aggression to the wrong places. which can create havoc. eventually.

anyhow intentional physical release is very disciplined, and it helps avoid unintentional out breaks.

• Nah. Sometimes I'll have a verbal outburst when I'm by myself though.

• Why would I break my hand punching a wall? That's just stupid! I just swear a few times and then take a few deep breaths.

• I just rub one out then I'm back to my normal self

• I love doing both lol. I once broke my wooden closet when i 'fisted' it.

• No, I just need to make them cry with my words.

• If I'm really mad I feel better after throwing or breaking things