What does trolling mean on this site?

I have seen many people comment about question askers saying that they are trolling. The questions vary greatly. What does this mean to be trolling?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are a lot of troll hunters on this site, people who think anything that isn't serious is trolling. Anything that is amusing is trolling.

To me, trolling is either making up an extreme situation to incite heated debate or ridicule a set of values or people. It can also be someone just being deliberately ignorant or abusive for the sole purpose of upsetting or annoying someone else.

Most Helpful Guy

• Trolling is asking a question or giving an opinion for the sole purpose of trying to be confrontational or outrageous.

What Girls Said 2

• Trolling means when the person talks nonsense or something ridiculous. This word seems to be overused by some people it seems.

• I disagree, it's done with the intent to wind people up. People on this website need to get a sense of humour and understand the difference between being silly and trolling.

• @Unhappy_Sock: K

• Trolls are usually confrontational people and thrive on drawing people into a heated argument or just to be an asshole. They use a question so they can insult others. Some people don't even troll in anon.

I have trolled but only to bring out the haters and awful people on GaG together, then I go around blocking them all. So when I ask a genuine question I don't get a great deal of assholes answering lol

What Guys Said 4

• #Dubhlann basically already said what I was going to say and www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1610826-why-do-ugly-girls-think-they-have-a-chance (questions was made shortly after the 1 in the update)

• Claiming to have an opinion that isn't actually your real viewpoint in hopes of stirring up a flame war

• Well its not just on here, but everywhere on the internet. Its when someone makes up a story or just says things to trick people, most of the time trying to get them angry. For laughs

• It means SHIT CUNT FUCK