Do you believe in the death penalty?

Do you believe in the death penalty?

• Yes
  • No
  • other

Most Helpful Guy

• For serial killers, yeah.

What Girls Said 12

• Yes. I think there are many times where the death penalty is needed. The serial rapist/killers, child molesters/abusers. However I think we she immediately remove their organs and start going down the list for people waiting for transplants. This way we have gotten rid of people who knowingly did horrible things, made room for the drug dealers and small crime criminals, and are saving lives for people who deserve to live.

• Accidentally selected yes but it's really no. First, there is still a possibility of executing someone innocent. Secondly, I'd rather see them suffering for the rest of their miserable lives while they're alive. Besides some of the worst criminals in history will end up getting raped in prison by their cellmates.

There is no punishment when they're executed because they're already dead. Punishment happens when you're alive.

• Yes I do!!!

• No, I want them to suffer in prison, death is too easy since its relatively painless.

• Murderers, rapists, and child molesters should all have to face the death penalty.

• absolutely. better for society, economy, and some people deserve it.

• The crime must be insane, but generally yes I believe in the death penalty.

• Yes but with complete proof.

• Short answer is YES.

• Yes I do. Although the death penalty doesn't bring a loved one back, and doesn't take away the pain... justice can bring a person inner peace, so they can find a way to survive without the person they love and find a way to live with the pain. No one could ever get me to change my view. It's futile to try, because my thoughts about this will never waver.

My compassion and empathy will always be towards the victim and victims family.

• No. It is an easy way out. If someone has done something horrible, let them suffer.

• No. When they're dead, they're dead. The only ones being punished in that is their family members, not them.

What Guys Said 28

• Yeah.. It's a lot cheaper than facilitating these pieces of shit. I think my tax dollars could go to a more worthy cause.

• The death penalty as it stands right now is absolutely ridiculous.
    First it seems that a death penalty costs more then life in prison see:
    deathpenalty.procon.org/view.answers.php for both sides to this argument.
    Second there are many people who have been found guilty and later exonerated the Innocence project has alone helped exonerate 334 people just with DNA evidence. It seems that 2.3% to 5% of people who are in prison are innocent. see:
    https://anoninsiders.net/prison-for-profit-684/
    http://www.innocenceproject.org/
    And lastly it is strongly suspected that at least 40 people have been killed who are innocent. And that's what we know about. see:
    www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/executed-possibly-innocent
    So with that think about if it was you who was arrested for a crime you didn't commit, and charged, found guilty and on death row, would you still feel that it's okay?

• No I hold ALL human life precious, no exceptions. Give them a chance to repent and change their soul. Also it costs more for executions than it does life in prison. At least it does in the US.

• Ummm... I mean I believe it exists... But that's not what you meant I'm sure.

No I don't believe we have any right to take a life. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. - Ghandi

• In the case of murder or sexual crims against a child yes I do agree with the death penilty. I also think that rape in any other case ( male or female ) should recieve chemical castration

• The amount of people voting yes saddens me.

• While I can understand where people come from when they are for the death-penalty, I still don't think us humans should play god and decide over life and death. Additionally in the very most cases there are still chances of potentially killing the wrong person.

• Yes. If life in prison actual meant life in prison ( usually more like 15-20 years here in Canada ), I would be fine without it. With the enormous cost of prosecuting a death penalty, the cost savings aren't much.
    Killers and rapists should NEVER be allowed back into society, one way or another.

• Yes, but only with criminals who have been proven to be guilty. If they get out of jail from good behavior, then more killing they will do.

• The justice system is far from perfect and the state sponsored killing of one innocent person is enough to abolish the death penalty in my opinion.

• Yes.

It also requires the justice system be strictly fair, and like the USA, skewed towards the defense.

Human life has great value. The Death Penalty is an example lesson that if you take a life without just cause, you must pay with your own. Taking a life is serious--you're robbing someone of everything they ever had and ever would have.

• Yes send them to the tower

• Undecided, though I think the individual states should maintain the right to decide whether or not they want to utilize the death penalty.

• doesn´t matter whether you believe in it or not. it does exist...

but do i think that it is a morally "Ok" way to deal with criminals? no it´s clearly not. you just can not justify that in a christian moral system.

• I believe in the death penalty. It is a broken system and needs reform. Dhokar Tsarnaev should've been executed months ago, and people like him should be executed a lot quicker after their verdict is rendered.

• send them to the moon and let them fight it out

Australia was a place where they sent dissidents and now its a country on its own

• I guess i support it, but I think if the crime is really bad then life in prison would be a worse punishment for them.

• yes i do..

• If you mean do I support the death penalty, the answer is yes. Sort of. Some of the time. Not really bothered.

• Yes, I do. For some prison is not enough.

• If you malevolently kill someone else, then yes.

• It exists, i've seen it

• People should not kill other people.

So let's kill the people who do that.

• Yes if he/she is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

• yes but they should be killed the same way that they murdered their victim (s)

• There are some situations where I'd prefer it to the alternatives.

In practice though it's not worth having in law. It creates a massive legal/justice/correctional system headache. It actually costs taxpayers more to push through a death penalty case then to keep someone in prison for life.

It's not worth it. So while i think its sometimes justifiable it's never necessary and it's not actually practical.

• Most people are filth, so of course they believe in the death penalty.

• No, that's why I don't support bombing ISIS.

They should all be rounded up and locked away. Their children should be indoctrinated and released in a generation or two. Casualties should be minimized.

Murderers are to be put in prison, not burnt to death.