Guys please HELP... WHY Would my BEST Guy friend asks me THIS?

I have this guy friend.. I'm pretty sure we are like best friends and have been friends for a few years... I was in a ltr for most our friendship and he has never had a girlfriend since I've known him, He tells me he is scared and says he doesn't see himself w/anyone. I had a long text convo w/him where I told him I have a connection w/him unlike any other. He asked me why I felt I had a connection with him and how he was different from all other guys I dated because he knows I have no shortage of guys interest. Do you think he wanted to know my feelings for him because he may have feelings as well or he just wanted a female perspective on how he is and why some girl may like him? I just don't know...

Most Helpful Guy

• I am afraid that it suggests that his next question will be, "If I am so special to you in regards to my blah, blah, blah, then why don't you love me?" Your answer can kill the friendship. I think he is at least contemplating that you could be a girlfriend.

• @Intraluminal I think I gave him some weird answer that didn't clarify anything, but when we met up we had a long convo and when I brought up the mixed msgs I received from him he became very emotional like he would cry and said there were a lot of girls he pushed away. The convo ended with me asking if he had any feelings for me and he said "as a friend." So I'm kinda confused why even asked me all this in the first place... what do you think it all means?

• Yeah, you are right... thank u for all your help :)

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, it seems like he know himself very well and yes he did want to know why you think you have a connection with him. He seemed to be genuinely curious about it.

• @serious yes, but why is he curious? Do you think he likes me as well?

• guys and girls can't be best friends without one falling for the other in my opinion. happens 99 percent of the time uinless this happened since childhood

• @truthhammer.. I agree. We were co-workers and got to know each other. He liked me first and then after several months I liked him but do you think he could still like me? He denies any feelings but I'm not sure if he is telling me the truth?

• id say go for it!

• Thanks :D

• I don't know what do you think?

• @Jared____ Well I thought he wanted to know cuz he maybe had feelings but than when I asked if he did he said "as a friend." so why would he say that?

• I'm not sure 🙈 I hope it all turns out ok though kiddo

• Haha ok thanks :D

What Girls Said 1

• I think he might like you..

• Thanks @omgitstyra... I thought maybe too but when I asked if he had and feelings he said "as a friend." I mean what would be the point of even asking me if he doesn't like me?