Should you get life in prison for killing someones elses pet?

For mirdering someones pet, should you get life in prison?

0|0
11|17

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• probably not life, but definetley a huge a fine and a couple of years, like under 10 years.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• YES. No doubt about it.
    I hate that people's lives tend to be valued higher than animal lives.
    You know how much it hurts for some owners to lose their pet like that? To some people their pets are like their children 😥💔

1|0
    0|0
  • People should get some time, especially if it was torture or something. If it was an accident, well, people don't get jail for accidentally killing people sometimes. And they should be fined (hit the wallet, hit the soul of some people), and some community service at an animal shelter or training puppies or something (something where they can see animals deserve compassion)

0|0
    0|0
  • Legally you cannot murder an animal. It's only murder if the victim is human.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes! You take a life, you get life. A pet isn't just a pet, it's a living breathing animal, that has become family.

Mainly yes to if you kill like big pets though, cats dogs, rabbits, no life if it's something like a fly or something lol

0|1
    0|2
  • No, you should get a punishment but not life imprisonment! Maybe like 5 years. And if it was for self defense then no punishment.

1|0
    0|1
  • Life in prison!

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It depends whether you did it in self defense, how old the pet was, how you killed the pet, how long the pet will be living if you did this.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, it should get some kind of punishment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you actually kill someone's pet?

0|0
    0|0
  • No, otherwise everybody should be vegetarian. Why is a pet more important than other animals, just because the pet had family. Otherwise, homeless lives should mean less than people with family and a home. Those pets aren't anything more special than farm animals just because of family.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• Not life in prison, but the penalty should be steep. Like, prison time, fines out the whazoo, many years of community service that directly benefits animals, etc.

Oh, and I also think they should be registered as animal abusers, just like pedos have to go through.

0|0
    0|0
  • i say nay, which is to say no.

0|0
    0|0
  • no you shouldn't in my opinion

0|0
    0|0
    • Why not?

• Show All
    • But we are talking about outright murder of someone elses pet though. They shouldn't get life for that?

• no. you should get in trouble with the law but not life in prison

• I feel like you are asking this question after watching the family guy episode where Brian runs over another dog.

Intentionally killing a pet yes something should be done. But I can't stop a dog running across the road in front of my car.

0|0
    0|0
  • 10 years prison.
    50k fine.
    Prohibited to ever take in or live with any animal. (except bugs)
    If it ever happens again = prison for life!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not life, but definitely a steep penalty

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on if it was in cold blood.

0|0
    0|0
    • If it was?

• I don't think life in prison however i believe that there is punishments that are not strict enough
      www.straypetadvocacy.org/PDF/AnimalCrueltyLaws.pdf
      We as people have a love for dogs and cats even though we kill off other animals since they are simply for food. We don't kill off dogs and cats because we see them as family since they are no different from a cow, pig or horse.

For killing someone else's pet i would say they should get sentences of 3-5 years in prison OR heavy fining and 1000's of hours community service.

• Perhaps restitution charges of paying towards the owners of the animal.

• No, of course not.

0|0
    0|0
  • More than life, u should be fined and then hung.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope,
    Are you on drugs

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the manner that was used and the persons level of vindictiveness and depravity should be taken into consideration when determining the punishment but unless the manner was truly and clearly a sick grotes

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope
    (filler)

0|0
    0|0
    • Why not?

• Show All
    • So murdering a pet, should you get life?

• Nope if it's an accident. However, premeditated killing , is sue-able in civil court.

• No that's stupid...

I hate pets...

0|0
    0|0
  • They should pay $1000

0|0
    0|0
  • A fine and the price of the pet.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's retarded.

0|0
    0|0
    • Whys that?

• Show All
    • So what punishment should they receive for murdering a pet?

• Simple, they have to buy the person a new pet, pay an additional fine, and take anger management classes.