Do Americans swear in real life as much as they do it in movies?

-Can you swear?
-Fuck Yeah
:D

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I swear like in the movies because that's how I learn slangs and stuff XD

I think some do.. Some don't.

Just like Mexicans movies, in Mexican movies they swear every 20 seconds, I do that, but many people I know don't lol

So it depends

• dont make me your pussy wider, fuck you with an umbrella then open it up while that shit is inside ya.

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't lie... i'm an American and I swear a lot over minor and unnecessary stuff. I definitely need to cut that habit. :-/

• It because of your childhood, do you know why?

• my household didn't have a lot of profanity, most "guys' guys" in America have potty mouths. I just need to tone my usage down. I curse so much sometimes that the potency of the curse words is lost, and that is a bad thing!

When I curse I want it to mean strong emphasis, not just "oh well he always says 'shit'" :-P

What Girls Said 8

• YES! hahah yes they do!

• Yes we do.

• They most certainly fucking do

• Yes. We do

• I really fucking do.

• They do like a bunch of sailors.

• Some do and some don't. A lot of the women in my family don't openly swear (at least not frequently).

• Why you spreading fucking rumors? That's so shitty!

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. god damn stereotypes... fucking assholes. All of them.

• depends on who you fuckin talk to. some of my faggot-ass friends cuss like a god damned sailor, but i also have dumb ass friends who won't fuckin say shit when it comes to cussing. it's like they're little pussy shit bitches.

• Some do some don't xD
    I know some people and they're not bad people. They use 'fucking' as in
    That explosion was fucking huge.

Stuff like that

• Way more in my experience.

• A whole lot more. Movies are unrealistically clean in their speech.

There really isn't any swearing by adults in schools or at work though. Considered unprofessional. But outside of those places...