Do you support transgenders?

• Yes i support them
  • No I dont support them
Explain your reasoning to not supporting them if you dont

Most Helpful Girl

• i dont believe in gender. i think peopler would not feel alienated from their bodies in the first place if your sex was not treated like an entire behavioral dark hole you cannot climb your way out of. however it is not their fault as these social limitations preceded their birth. so as a consequence we have transgender when a persons sex should never have been used so derisively in the first place. and i support people who are fighting to regain control of their humanity in whatever way as long as it does not hurt anyone.

not supporting a person as they are bc you find it icky is so completely absurd for an adult. its just crazy.

• worse than crazy, its disgraceful.

• I agree with you. Im starting not to believe in gender either. If i want to wear make up, fuck your gender roles, i'll wear it whenever i please lmao
      if i want to wear womens perfume and smell like a flower, then i'll smell like a flower

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do I have to support them if they're just normal people?

• I like this answer lol

• Well, I'm playing the Devil's advocate... people who SAY transgenders are normal are the ones who say they need support, but if they're normal, why would they need support?

What Girls Said 12

• women are definitely smarter and more sensible. but there do appear to be some good guys out there :) kudos to them. we ALL deserve to be treated equally regardless of race, gender, sex or any other BS people use as excuse to hate just because someone is different than them. but we shouldn't hate the stupid people for being stupid... after all, its not their fault, they were just born that way. They can't help it. Just as any homosexual or trans person can't change how they were born. stupid people can only say and do stupid thigs, and trans people can only be trans people and do trans things.

• Yes, of course.

• Yes. Why wouldn't I?

• yes, i support them~ equal rights for one and all.

• they are a marginalized population... i support providing them with the services they are being deprived of.

• No it doesn't make any sense

• Of course I support it. It's their lives and they should be happy

• Yes of course

• Yes I do. I support all of the lgbt coumminty. ^_^

• Yeah, I support people

• Yes, I do. People are so hypocritical... They have no problem with gays, but transgenders? It suddenly becomes a crime. I think people fear the unknown and they don't know what it feels like to feel a different gender, and they never will know until we come up with technology to do so. Sure, the surgery they get doesn't change their gender ENTIRELY, but if want to get surgery to feel better about themselves, then who are we to judge? It's no different then a woman getting surgery to fix her croked nose. I don't understand people sometimes.

• ...
    i3.kym-cdn.com/.../bc3.jpg

so yes, I support

What Guys Said 21

• Not at all. These people are just delusional, to believe that they were born with the body of a wrong gender. That's my opinion at least, I may be wrong.

• I mean, the majority of the scientists whose job it is to actually know about these things disagree with you, so I'd say chances are that yes, you are wrong.

• What do you mean by support? I don't hate them, or want to make fun of them, but I don't want them being able to go into the wrong bathrooms either. I don't agree that they are any other gender besides the one they were actually born as. I fully support them being treated as humans with dignity and respect though.

• Support in what? In getting mental help they need so that they can stop thinking (and trying to pretend) they're something they're not?
    Then yes, I do.

If you're talking about trying to make everyone around them to think they're something they aren't, then no, I don't support it.

• Not exactly, as gender dysphoria is a psychological and hormonal condition that, while it should not be demonized, should not be celebrated.

But I'm not against them either. They're still people who deserve to be treated as such. And if transitioning from one sex to the other will enable them to live their lives happily, then more power to them.

• Gender dysphoria is not the same thing as being transgender. The dysphoria is the unhappiness with one's body that sometimes affects trans people, not them being transgender in and of itself. Transgender people should be supported, and their dysphoria is obviously a bad thing, but the solution to it is hormone replacement therapy and potentially sex reassignment surgery, and overall support.

• Depends what you mean by support.

I don't believe you can be born in the wrong gender, but if you feel you are and want to pretend that you're another gender I don't really care. Now when you go a step further and try to modify your body to resemble the sex you feel you are... Well I don't think it's necessary to go to such great lengths because you're not comfortable in your own skin, I think someone who wants to do such a thing needs mental help. There are people who believe they were born with a body that shouldn't have arms (Body integrity identity disorder), we don't help them by chopping their arms off.

That being said, I also believe in freedom to do with your body what you want, it's your choice, but I am still against any unnecessary surgery to be covered by tax dollars.

• their life their choice, not my problem.

• I don't support nor deny them in any way

• Depends on what you mean by support.
    Want them to be happy and stable?
    Of course.
    Do I think surgery and/or telling them that their biological state of birth is irrelevant is necessarily the best solution for what's going on with them?
    No, I really don't.

• Really to me they are just people like rest of us

• I don't really see what there is to support.
    I definitely don't hate trans people if thats what you mean.

• Of course I support them :) I believe in equality and that people should be able to do whatever they want with their lives in order to find happiness! :)

• I don't support them out of sheer indifference. Couldn't care less what people want to do with their bodies, but I'm not about to call transgenders 'heroes' or make summat big of out what they're doing.

• I support Transgenders, I'm friends with a transgender person, but I don't support Caitlyn Jenner

• I do, in some ways.

• It's extremely repulsive.

• So are you.

• I chose male because I am male. I identify as male, so that's what I said I was when I chose the gender for this site.

Cisgender is identifying as the gender you were assigned at birth. Basically what non-transgender people are.

• @Waffles123 thanks for the clarification. Merry Christmas!

• 55% of the people here are close minded, unintelligent, uneducated morons.

• No because it's not natural.

• they are waste of time and space

• Why? Because your personal bigotry causes you to oppose them for being who they are? Honestly I've gotta say that I find it more likely that it's you who's the waste of time and space, not them.

• No, just different. They can decide what they are, it's just different from what society decided they are. Why is that so bad? According to the scientists whose job it actually is to know these things, transgender people's identities are perfectly valid. So if it's your word against the scientists', I'd say I'm gonna have to take the word of the scientists.

• @Waffles123 there need to be more like you in this world! :)

• They don't affect me or my life in any way, so I am indifferent to them.

• hell no! bruce jenner is the most disgusting thing i've ever seen!

• No. Definitely not.