Most accept it to be true, but, why do you think women are seen as being more mature at younger ages than men?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure if this is part of it, but in the womb, males brains go through a "testosterone wash". Girls go through an "estrogen wash". Studies show that in the first few months of life, girls are doing certain things at a 400% higher rate then boys.

I think it's just how hormones effect our bodies. Physically speaking, females tend to develop faster than males... but I think there is a difference between being physically & mentally mature vs emotionally mature.

Although girls might be more mentally mature, I think BOTH girls and boys are emotionally immature until their 30's.

• Interesting take, I am always intrique throughout my 'people watching' of the sexes

• There is definitely a lot of factors. Not just hormones, but also gender roles, parenting strategies, an individual's personal experiences... and pressures society places on each gender. You can definitely pick out generational differences too which is interesting. I'm a gen x, but when I look at how millennial guys and girls are, they seem smarter in some areas and more immature in other areas then when I was their age

• I think this age of people are pretty null and vacant to be honest, all zombieised by their gadgets, avoiding real life

What Girls Said 7

• Because we are more sure of what we want and don't want at any given time

• I have met a lot of women who are still uncertain well into their 40's

• Perhaps you ought to create a large psychological study and test it over several generations.

• Yeah, I think it is true

• Yup because we hit puberty faster.

• Have something to do with puberty. Usually, girls have their puberty at age 9 or earlier than that. At that age, they would grow taller than you for a short time. Boys go through puberty later than girls. When people go through puberty, they act and think maturely.

• Not exactly sure but studies show that even as babies and children growing up girls are more mature and further advanced than boys.

• I personally know many men that were more mature than most women at a younger age.

What Guys Said 8

• It's because it's true. That's why, for example, younger women are attracted to older men, even if only a couple of years older - they want someone on a similar maturity level to themselves. Note that we're talking about emotional and relationship maturity here.

• Generaly true. Probably evolutionary reasons.
    Females breed since they are able to get pregnant. Men only do so when they are able to convince a female that they're worthy of propagating their genes.
    Based on this I think its safe to assume women used to mate with older males, and thus needed to face the responsibilities of having children before males did.
    After millions of years its normal that certain repeated behaviors are imprinted into our subconscious. I believe this could be at least one of the reasons for that.

• If they go for the assholes and continuously make wrong choices in that regard, as well as slut shame each other and wear skimpy clothing literally all the time, I can't see how there are any indicators of them being mature.

All in all, young women make stupidly dump decisions. Young guys make stupidly dangerous decisions. And because of guy's decisions having an added effect of danger, they are seem as less mature when in reality they are no more, no less mature. Just more risky.

• I think boys and girls mature very differently.
    Girls obviously go into puberty years earlier than boys, maturing them faster.
    However, I think the way they mature is very different.
    Today's society places a lot of emphasis on "feminine" traits. For children, this is going to being calmer, listening more, and being raucous less. Boys are more often inclined to behave in a slightly different manner.
    I really believe that this is why we have SO many young boys heavily medicated.
    Are women more mature at younger ages?
    I don't believe so, I think makes simply require more adaptation to meet the standards of society today.

• Does their puberty start sooner?

• Women do mature faster than men.

Conversely, men mature more than women.

• It's because people mistake physical maturity for mental maturity. Girls get done physically maturing faster than boys. Boys take longer to complete physically maturing. People just mistook that idea and applied it to mental maturity.

• They are socially allowed and encouraged to show their sexuality: to flaunt boobs, show their ass.
    Guys (have to) hide their sexuality or are considered perverts.