Would you go back for a dog in a house fire?

Lets say a house fire broke out and everyone got out safely,
but a child forgot their dog and asks you to go back in and get the dog,
and he hands you a picture of the dog.

For all you know.. the pup could be dead...
but if you don't go in how would that look on your end?

If you do go in and make it..
you will be looked at as a person who was willing to die to save a dog
people will say you've restored faith in this world..

And if you don't make it you will be looked at as a hero.

So,
what do you say?

(P. s. I'm terrified of fires, i'd probably be in shock.)

• SCRAM KID.
  • Tell the kid to go get him.
  • Try to explain the dogs probably gone.
  • Yell for the dog and if you hear him, go in.
  • Go in and hope to make it back with the dog.
  • Go in immidiately.
  • Results,

Most Helpful Girl

• Excuse me before I answer this question:
    FOR REAL BRO YOU COULDN'T HAVE FOUND A PICTURE OF A REAL DOG THATS A FAKE ASS PAINTING.
    Anyways back to my very mature and sophisticated point:
    If the house was legit up in flames like even the firefighters are BACKED up and they're evacuating people, then Aw Hellll Nah. But, if the house was flames here and flames there i'd probably try to save the dog, but if a passage was blocked no way am I pushing my body through flames. So it depends on how bad the fire is. But I would.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how bad it is. If I can tolerate the circumstances, then yes. But if there's really no way, then no. After all, it's better to just lose one life than two. What if I died in this fire, and years later there's another fire but nobody goes in to save the people in that fire? Then, it would be a wasted life. I'd feel bad for the boy, but unfortunately that's the way life can get. People die, too.

What Girls Said 10

• If the house fire was at the stage it was in the picture, no. My friend is a first responder and the rule is always, if you can go back in without making the situation worse for you or others and with minimum risk to yourself, you can go in, but if you going in is going to lead to a situation where your life is in danger or you're risking obvious death like in the photo... you going back in to rescue anyone, human or animal, is making the situation worse not better because then the next responders have to then go in and try to save you or retrieve your body if they can. So what went from one thing to rescue, is now, two, three, etc. Cuteness has nothing to do with it. You do what you physically can do and with your's and others safety in mind.

• I would go find a firefighter and hand him the picture. He's trained in situations like this and has protective equipment. I don't.

HOWEVER, that being said, if it was my dog, I would probably run into the building without thinking. Logic goes out the window when it's someone you love.

• I feel the same about my sisters dog...
      when she first got that mutt i hatd him..
      now it feels like.. he's family..
      he would be happy to see me even if i called him dumb lol

• I'd probably go get the dog.
    My life isn't more valuable than a dog's.
    I could never forgive myself if I just stood there and did nothing.

• If that was the house on fire, fuck no, that dog is already dead. I'm not going in to die with it.

• even if you heard him bark?

• I wouldn't be able to get through the front door without catching on fire though. That house is totally ablaze all the way to the steps. Unless I'm made of never melting ice, I couldn't survive in there. Even if it was a person, I wouldn't go in, I would just end up dying as well. I would cry my eyes out though because that means the dog might not die of smoke but rather flames. It's a terrible situation.

• If I was in my house and it was on fire, or if the house wasn't totally consumed in flames, like that house, I would search around and/or go back in.

• Hell no I would not do that. It's just a dog

• Dogs are like family to some people
      you dont feel that way?

• Nope I don't. It's just an animal, animals are pretty disposable since most of the world consumes them daily.

• If it was my dog then 100% would! If it was that kiddo's then only if I heard him bark or something because that fire is really lit up

• Yeah... i wouldn't be able to move out of the house id be in shock, someone would have to drag me out

• if you stood in flames, you'd at least move because, well, you're in flames

• well yeah true

• yell for the dog and if you hear him go in.

• Depend if the kid is mines or not. If it ain't then B.

• lol if it wasn't my kid id try and get him to his parents

• Why can't his parents get it?

• People seriously... Look at that house -____- now y'all know more then half of y'all wouldn't do shit. It would be a miricale if you made it out. I love dogs but, I wouldn't dare try to go back in that house. I'm not trained for that my ass would be dead along with the dog. I would ask the firefighters. But if it was my dog I'm not gone lie this would probably bother me for a long time. If the house wasn't that lit and it was mine I may risk going in. Anyways I believe everything happens for a reason so of it's meant for the dog to love he or she will. Everyone has a time to go.

• *If it's meant for the dog to go (pass away)

• i felt this way i put it at the end of thequestion just didn't add that much detail to it lol

What Guys Said 13

• Your life is more important than your dog, kid. Why did you not save it instead of a picture of it? Why aren't you going back in there to save it? Besides, look at that house. Your dog has been flame grilled.

• Well if the house was on fire like that you wouldn't make it onto the front porch...

• In all likelyhood the dog is dead. First thing you should let the kid call out for the dog. If there is no barking there is no hope. Why?

You would have to be extremely lucky to stumble on the dog in your first 30 seconds in a burning building. Wet blanket can buy you some extra time, but not over a minute. In that time, though, you will die.

• Bruh.. That face. I'd have to.

• might be dissapointed to see his face when its too late though

• I chose C. The only reason I would go in, is that if the dog was mine, and someone special bought it for me before they died, then I die for that dog!

• Im the only one who wouldn't run in. Im sorry I wouldn't even run in a completely engulfed building for my own child lmao. The firefighters can do that, thats their job

• if it was for my kid...
      I don't know.. my worst fear is dying in a fire or even being in one.. id probably close my eyes and run in

• Hell to the yes. Not for the glory but I'd save that dog over my sister.

• Where is the sell the grilled dog to the local Chinese restaurant and be on my way option

• I'd give it a shot. But I will be aware of saving myself

• Without a second thought.

• I'd probably go in. Keep the dog and run away :D

• Of course, My dog is part of the family

• my dog is too..
      but with a fire like that...
      I don't know.. lol

• I'd have a firefighter do it!