In high school why did the druggies bully the smart kids?

Was it jealousy that they had a future and they didn't?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've noticed the more insecure someone is the more they lash out at others. Those druggy kids that just spend their time having sex are going nowhere in life and they know it, but in high school there aren't any immediate consequences for their actions since they have little responsibility. So the can bully all of the kids focusing on their education.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bullies tend to come from bad homes. Either the parents raised them to be bullies OR the bullies are dealing with abuse by abusing other.

What Guys Said 8

• I think a lot of it is more guilt... Like they, if even subconsciously, they feel bad for what they are doing, and they cope by laughing at other people

• We are bullying them today when they take our order at mcdonalds. Roll up in my new beamer.. step out in my armani threads.. Take off my raybans and just laugh at them because they are poverty stricken, disgusting, and most likely on welfare. Hell I'll pass him a $20.00 just to make sure I'm not going to hell after I make fun of him. It's funny how life works right?

• Its fun. But i have stopped doing that from 3 years. You will get the "bad boy" nickname , you will become one of the popular kids , girls will be all over you etc. I swear i am not kidding ! I used to be a bully and all these benefits were mine but after a year me and my friends got separated. I also got close to ending up behind the bars and only then , i realized that all the fun is gone. A straight A+ kid now :)

• My experience is that the kids who bully others are those who don't like school and have "fun" doing other things than carefully following the classes or studying :-(
    In every class you had a couple of those unfortunately :-(

• Subconsciously wanting to "bring down" people above them!

• They bully them until they realise that all they can do is dead end jobs and then they try to make amends, well if they try to do that to me, sorry fella you screwed up your life why should i bother to help you when you ridiculed me and bullied so much in school, hurts doesn't being on the other end of the stick. Well it's your fault for screwing up your life

• i always thought a lot of it was jealousy

• Jocks and rich kids bullied everyone. Was that because they had no future?

What Girls Said 7

• I was the 'smart kid' growing up. And it was really frustrating that people took my concern for my future as me thinking I was better than them. I never thought that way and I still don't think that way.

Actually, some of my druggie friends have better lives in some ways. They have kids and are settled down. Whereas I just have a career. I want kids and I want to settle down, always have. But it's been hard for me to find someone.

However, I do have a better job and more opportunities than they do.

• I don't know, that didn't happen on my high school. Usually the uncool kids get bullied and the stereotype says that they're the smart ones. The stereotype also says that the kids doing drugs are the cool popular kids. The cool kids bully the uncool kids simply because they are uncool. This all a cliché myth. It is untrue. 'Smart kid' does not equal 'uncool' kid.
    What seems to be more accurate is some druggies go through depression, they're insecure, and they are jealous of the smart students.

• I don't think jealousy because they obviously didn't see the future. It looks like they thought they were cooler and difference was a reason to bully

• When people do drugs, sometimes it makes them feel omniscient.

• in my school... nobody got bullied. only the drama kids did drugs and they kept to themselves.

• This dude I was in class with was failing all his classes and performing the worst out of everyone. But he'd bully people who were either ugly facially, or were performing worst then him. Or weren't socially accepted.

• They are either being bullied themselves or to feel better about themselves.