Can you actually enjoy being miserable?

Do you unconsciously take some kind of sick pleasure in being unhappy and miserable?
Can you actually enjoy being miserable?

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• I enjoy it during the stage where I have every right to feel miserable and NEED to feel miserable to allow myself to let it out of my system. If I didn't allow the misery, then I would be a bottled up mess on the verge of exploding.

However, when the initial stage of misery is over (I usually allow 2 - 3 days), then I hate being miserable and am almost desperate when searching for something to make me happy again.

• Its good you are not miserable all the time, and i hope you always find things that make you happy again :)

What Girls Said 4

• Why do you think 50 shades of grey is so popular? Some girls enjoy being miserable.

• 50 shades of grey can make any gender miserable :P

One cute chicj in the movie though <3

• oh for sure. i have a mental compendium of music that makes me feel sosososo sad. but i like that. sadness is a much stronger feeling than happiness, and i like to feel something.

• You really dont know what is joy until you experience being miserable... I totally 100% agree with that

• Feeling miserable is better than feeling nothing at all.

What Guys Said 5

• Yeah, I think that it's possible. I'm not miserable though, so I'm not sure.

• I believe there might be some comfort in misery. However, I don't think people enjoy being miserable.

• I do. I love misery. I cannot get enough of it. It's like a drug that keeps me going.

• Not really no. I don't want to feel miserable.

• enjoy? no but it is quite satisfying especially love things