Is it bad that I called my mom a whore?

She was neglectful and abusive and treated me like shit growing up...

So I called her a name...

She made my life a living hell for my entire childhood and dating back to earliest memory and before...

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen I have no right to judge you and your life because I don't know the whole situation but calling her names is not going to make you feel better or change the past. You have the ability to move on from your bad past and you can choose to leave her out of your future. I know what it's like to not have the family you think you deserve. I have been called ugly and disappointing by my own family for just dying my hair red. How can you love and respect someone who doesn't fully love and respect you? People tell me I need to let the past go but I know it's hard when the things really hurt you. They make me feel awful about myself at times but you have to understand that no matter what your mom has done to you, you have the ability to move forward and find people who can love you with their whole heart. But calling her names won't fix anything and I bet your a good person despite your rough childhood, and calling her those things will only make you guilty in the end trust me. Don;t beat yourself up about it though and move on with your life. Don't let your past drag you down.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've called my mom much worse... Im from a very similair background (probly worse).. and i dont feel bad about it.. I've cut all ties with them and have been happier than i ever thought i could be

• Glad someone agrees...

And she's gonna go cry and act like a victim after abusing me my whole life...

• Uh.. if my mom made me get a dragon tattoo like that i'd be mad too, xaxax...

#LoveYou

• @MoreThanACookie i know u love me... U dont have a choice 😉

What Girls Said 5

• Does calling her a whore really make you feel better?

Some people don't have what it takes to be a good parent, but unfortunately, that does not determine whether a person becomes one or not.

You cannot go back and change your childhood. You cannot change her to be a better mom. What you do have control over is yourself. So, the real question is, do you want to be the same abusive type of person as your mother? Do you want to be at that low level? Because calling her names of any sort, does just that. Keep it up if you want to follow in her foot steps.

• I'll call her not guilty by insanity...

• I always think of the saying, "Two wrongs don't make a right." Whenever you act disrespectfully then that's all on you, no matter who it is towards. Just because someone is disrespectful to you, doesn't make it right for you to be so in return. I know it's easier said than done, but it's something to keep in mind.

• Yea probably...

• I mean it's never good to call anyone a name, and to use that word so effortlessly, if she wasn't sleeping around with multiple guys then she wouldn't really be one. I'm sorry she made your childhood bad, but you should tell her that without expressing it through name calling.

• yeah bc she your mom!

• No. My mom calls me a cunt. :/

• Why does she call you that?

• Maybe...

I should be lifting weights right now...

• Haha! Then maybe you should get to that... xD

• While it's UNDERSTANDABLE that you felt the impulse to insult her considering her abusive past, it's certainly not GOOD that you insulted her like that. The RIGHT thing to do would be to apologize out of humility (a beautiful trait to have) and respect for her just being the one who gave birth to you (even if she treated you awful after the whole birthing experience). But are you obligated to have any sort of relationship with her afterwards? No. Family members can be toxic and it's best to push toxic people to the backburner of your life.

• Yea that makes sense...

What Guys Said 1

• No... I call my mom a whore all the time. She's got 4 kids and talks about men all the time ;)