True or False- 'A person stood out a Generation ago for not using manners, in this Age, they stand out when they do use manners?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably not a generation ago, more like two or three. In my family, we sat together at the dinner table every night, we dressed for Sunday dinner, and we were expected to use our best manners. We were taught "please" and "thank you" how to stand and give a firm handshake to other gentlemen and a gentle one to the ladies. That gentlemen stand to shake hands, and ladies sit. Etc. etc. and yes I think a lot of that has been lost.

What Girls Said 2

• True! People get confused and want to take kindness for weakness too. It's pretty pathetic what kind of douchebag mentality society has come to accept.

• Today it's more about the whats in it for me.

What Guys Said 6

• Absolutely true! I find manners sorely lacking in moist people of the current and next generation.

• Dissagree but there's good and bad to every generation. "A person stood out in the past generation for accepting homosexuals now they stand out for not accepting them".
    Besides the past generation was 80s/90s there were plenty of rude people then as well as now. A generation doesn't determine whether people or rude or not it depends on the individual

• True. Shame.

• you're from a different time and its gone, like my time and era is gone, so this manners thing doesn't work anymore

• That is false.

• Nahhh it's bullshit. It's one of those another 'My generation was better blah blah'

• I agree with this so much. I get sick and tired of people complaining about this generation and praising the previousones for no other reason than that they're older