Battle of the outsiders: Trump vs. Sanders who would you vote for if the general election was held today?

• #FeelTheBern
  • #WeShallOverComb

Most Helpful Girl

• I want Bernie to give Trump a good case of rug burn 😂😂

Most Helpful Guy

• Sanders. Easy

• You realize he would just cause the collapse of America in his term.

• @Waffles123 I'd say that you are not my sock puppet but no one would believe me,
      so what happens is that people are going to be wondering if you are in fact my sockpuppet accound (I do not have one) everytime they see us in the same convo

• Oh yeah huh. But it would really be a pretty shit strategy to name your puppet so similarly. So hopefully people don't think you're quite that dumb.

What Girls Said 6

• I love Bernie. He's going to be the first federal level democrat I vote for.

• I know.. But I seriously doubt he will be the nominee. ☹

• @Deft_maiden Don't count Sanders out yet, he as the young and first time democrat/voter that aren't reflected in the polls as most polls are landline surveys of voters who voted in 2012, and sanders beats Killary by double digets with this group. #FeelTheBern

• I want to feel that Bern all over me.

• Bernie. Trump promotes hate Bernie promotes equality. And the last time we elected a democratic socialist, we got this country out of an economic depression.

• LMFAOOO THE FIRST MEME, oh Jesus.

• I wouldn't vote for either of them.

• I feel a bit of faith restored in humanity seeing the votes for Bernie bring larger than Trump.

• I guess you want the coming economic collapse to actually happen.

• Keep talking

• Chairman Mao would agree with you

What Guys Said 17

• I rather dislike both candidates. Bernie is way too liberal, and I dislike giving my money to people who aren't willing to work as hard as me.

But Trump would be an absolute fucking disaster. Sure his stances on fiscal and immigration issues are tempting to Americans, but people are neglecting his impact on foreign policy. You guys ever heard of a thing called NATO? That massive mutual defense treaty led by the United States that controls 70% of the world's military spending? That thing that was formed specifically to prevent a third world war? Imagine if that didn't exist anymore. You want to know why Putin supports Trump? Because he will abuse and bludgeon our allies to the point where they will abandon us. And that is way scarier than higher taxes or illegal immigrants.

• Well, I don't feel entirely comfortable with Trump.
    We've gone through eight years of a president ignoring the citizens in his nation, pusjing through policies and orders that by rights he shouldn't have been able to push through, and a bunch of people on the right have decided, "Ok, it's time to have OUR quasi-dictator in there."
    I'm extremely unsettled by that.
    I honestly feel like Trump could continue a precedent that could lead us to a very dark place one day. If that happens, could I look someone in the eye, and say, "I voted for the man who took more of our freedoms away,"? There are too many problems to go into, they all concern me.
    I don't know.
    On the other hand, there is absolutely no way I would consider voting for Sanders. "Socialism has done so well in Europe!" Sure it has, those countries may have a debt that is the same percentage of their GDP as ours, but because their GDP is so much smaller, their debt isn't as bad right? Pfft.
    I couldn't vote for someone that I feel that even if he didn't destroy our economy, would end up taking so much from the people in this country that it doesn't matter.
    It's estimated that his social welfare plans could add over TEN TRILLION to the national debt over the next ten years.
    Military budget is 600 billion. Over ten years you've got 6 billion there if you cut it COMPLETELY. Which even Sanders won't do.
    He's got some other plans to fund his kooky ideas, but call me crazy, I don't think someone in the top 5% of income should have to pay up to 90% in graduated taxes just because they make 200 grand a year.
    I'm just an evil capitalist though.
    In short, I'm not entirely comfortable voting for trump, in fact I'm deeply uncomfortable, but I am adamantly opposed to voting for Sanders.
    I may just decide that my first presidential vote won't be used if it comes to them.

• BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!

BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!

BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!
    BERNIE 2016 !!!

• i feel a "berning" in my loins

• Both are too radical, but Bernie is radical and not a racist, homophobic prick. can't say the same for Trump. If Trump were elected I would fear for our civil freedoms. I may not agree with Bernie on a lot, but at least I don't feel like he is 1 step away from internment camps.

• Also Sanders believes war is a last resort and not a first resort like Killary and Republicans.

• That's an extremely tough poll. In principle I strongly agree with Bernie Sanders on most issues, however, I worry about the *precedent* that "progressivism" seems to be setting in this country and would like to have a conservative in office for a little while, just to balance things out. I would literally probably flip a coin to decide.

• Bernie is such a wimp he literally gave up his own rally to several angry black women.

Trump ran into similar protesters and was like, "Bye bye, security, take them away."

• Definitely Bernie, but I don't see him making the general election so it's kind of a moot point.

• I don't see trump being significantly less problematic than Hilary, do you feel similarly about Hilary?
      I'm honestly thinking I might just not be able to vote in 2016.

• Well if trump had imploded like he was supposed to, I'd feel a little bit better...

• Jill Stein has my vote if Hillary beats Sanders.

• xD whoever chooses Trump there will be hell toupee

• Trump easily. Sanders would just usher in a collapse of the country which is near. Trump seems like he would at least try and keep us out of the dark ages.

• Do you have any statistical or economic data to support this egregious declaration? Are you in any way versed on Sander's positions regarding the deficit, taxation, immigration, or otherwise? If not, then you're an uneducated voter making bland and incorrect declarations based on the opinions fed to you by your local community and the candidates trying to buy your vote.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike Sanders too, but claiming that he would be the downfall of the United States is simply incorrect.

• @iamwoot you are the problem, people like me are the solution. we could actually save this country with tough love but you just want the world to burn and millions to die. it would bring about a system that i would like in the end but the beginning would not be pretty.

• You know, it's kind of fascinating reading your replies. I'm sitting here thinking, "OK, this just has to be some dude just sitting on his computer fucking with me. No one could actually legitimately be this irrational or close minded right?"

But then I realize... Yes... actually there are people like that. And they vote... God help us all.

• How old is Bernie? He seems older than Reagan was when he first took the presidency :/

• Donald Trump.

• Easily Sanders over Trump. I'd choose Sanders over everyone if he were to make it but I doubt he will.

• Weather he makes it or not depends on how well he does in Iowa and NH where in polling he's beating Hillary or is within striking distance.

• I will vote for Donald Trump.
    #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

• TRUMP 2016.

Fuck anyone who votes for Bernie.

• Bernie Sanders is an old hag who has spent the past 40 years in politics. If all the young people and minorities think he can relate to them then they got another thing commin cause that guy has more money then all of them, and hasn't been able to relate to a normal working civilian in 40 years, he's just trying to act relatable to get votes. Plus he's a whacky socialist, an idea which hasn't exactly worked in the past. Meanwhile on the other hand you have this obnoxious buffoon who needs to stay in the private sector and stop assaulting my senses with his ability to eat the news, and then spit it back out with 10 times the annoyingness added. All I do is read about "trump this" and "trump that" and "oh trump offended this people group" or "Trump hates Mexicans." or something stupid like that. I dont care what the man hates and doesn't hate, I really dont care about him at all to be honest and yet here I am being force fed all this useless crap about him from the news agencies.

Bottom line if the election comes down to these two idiots I'd sooner cast my vote for Mickey Mouse, I really dislike both of them very strongly and they both promise to run our country into the ground. Bernie promises to do it from taxing us dry and then crushing our country under a mountain of expenses, Trump threatens to destroy us through war with every other country in the world. If either of them get elected America is going to need some serious help.

• I'd vote for Trump, Saunders is on another planet.