Happy birthday Jesus. How many of you people forgot what Christmas us about today?

Every year Christmas is about family, presents and Santa Clause but nothing is to do with Jesus being born. It saddens me, he is the reason we can get up, spend money, laugh, and see family. How would we feel if it was our birthday but we don't get any kind of present or get told "happ birthday"? I don't know if you people do it, but at least for 5 minutes wish Jesus a happy birthday and say thanks for the gift he gives us every day that we can't hug him for or that we don't realize we use. Get what I'm saying? I LOVE JESUS and i wish him a super happy birthday and thank him for the gift he gave me. No one can top that gift ((:

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm aware of the reason for the season. Without Jesus there would be no Christmas.

• Thanks for MHO

• Actually, Christmas traditions (and even decorating the tree and stuff) stem from the celebration of the Winter Solstice.

• @Mesonfielde indeed originally a pagan festival adopted by christianity in the northern hemisphere as a convenient winter festival, something to break up the harshness. if jesus did exist he was almost certainly born in summer given the position of the stars and the weather described in the bible

What Guys Said 12

• Jesus was NOT born on Dec 25. Christianity does not own Christmas, nor is it a Christian creation.
    Christmas coincides with the Winter solstice.
    Egyptians celebrated the rebirth of the god Horus.
    Romans celebrated Dies Natalis Solis Invicti and the Saturnalia,
    Greek had the festival of Poseidon,
    Byzantine Brumalia was actually called a festival of Cronos
    Jews celebrate Hanukkah
    Nordic and German celebrated Yule
    Hindu celebrate Uttarayana
    Buddhists have Bodhi day
    Chinese the Dōngzhì Festival
    Persian Sadeh
    In the Zoroastrian religion the birth of Mithra is celebrated at the eve of the winter solstice called Shab-e Yalda in Farsi.
    Babylonian had the Festivals for Marduk and for Akitu
    In Mesopotamia, the people of Babylon held a festival for the god Marduk, or Enlil or Marcuk, who they believed created the world out of chaos. At the darkest time of the year a substitute person was needed who could be held responsible for the sins that they had committed during the past year. After the substitute or "scapegoat" was killed, the sun would come back again. There would be a lot of celebrating and visiting. The Babylonians would feast for 12 days and often wore masks as they brought gifts to many homes.
    Christianity merely grafted their Jesus legend on that period. Is there any record in the Bible of anyone observing Christmas?

It was probably introduced in Rome during the 4th century. (by migrating the Epiphany celebrations to the Winter Solstice celebrations.)

williamcooperrevisited.files.wordpress.com/.../saturnalia.jpg
    http://i65.tinypic.com/eumq7s.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/RcSBp64.jpg
    http://i66.tinypic.com/9arckh.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/p9av8Lf.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/kgZAB7Q.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/7a2MPka.jpg

• ""Every year Christmas is about family, presents and decorating pine trees""

Because that's what Christmas is about! :P

• Unfortunately, many of these heathens get all of their historical information by word of mouth and shit-tier internet memes.

If you actually read history books (yeah, we still have those) you'll find that the Roman Catholic Church adopted similar rituals as Yule to accomadate converted Pagans. Christmas itself was not celebrated until around 300 AD, and was always a Christian holiday - which many of these other posters have been misinformed on.

According to the Bible, Christ was said to be conceived on March 25, not born. 9 months is average length of a pregnancy, hence why we celebrate his birth in December 25.

I hope you had a nice Christmas, it's good to see that you celebrated it religiously. Don't let these dumb idiots get you down.

• I blame the Victorians and the Americans for this nonsense.

• Not to point out the painfully obvious, but people existed and lived long before jesus, where people laughed and spent time with their families and everything naturally. Meant to add much more, but I see @jacquesvol got it covered.

• Happy Birthday, Isaac Newton.

Fuck you birthday, Kevin Zalo****!

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TUbzTdF__4o
    What can I say, in today's society Christmas has a different meaning to each individual.

• Eeeeemmmm... sorry to disappoint you christian girl but what you actually celebrate during Christmas is the ''resurrection'' of the sun. Christianity is a farce.

• Unfortunately Jesus being born on Christmas is a total lie. When Christianity was brought into the Roman Empire, the 25 December date was chosen to coincide with existing pagan festivities.

• Yes we may not forget we have this holiday

• Not being a dick, but Christmas isn't Jesus' "birthday"

What Girls Said 15

• "The oldest existing record of a Christmas celebration is found in a Roman almanac that tells of a Christ’s Nativity festival led by the church of Rome in 336 A. D. The precise reason why Christmas came to be celebrated on December 25 remains obscure, but most researchers believe that Christmas originated as a Christian substitute for pagan celebrations of the winter solstice"

• 336 A. D. That's 300 years after his supposed death, 1434 miles (by plane) from Rome.

• @Jack32 Of course: planes fly a straight route. Ships leaving Ostia (the port of Rome then) have to navigate around Calabria, passing between 'Scilla and Charibdis'. This map will help you:

www2.rgzm.de/.../romapL3.jpg

• And through Turkey it takes more time too because you'd cross the Pelloponesos first. (Patras, Sparta Athens, Byzance Angora, Damascus was the road)

The sea route would be dangerous because of pirates, the land route because of ordinary bandits.

• I think people should celebrate Christams however they want to.

• Yeah... Cool story bro.

• Because it hasn't been concluded jesus was actually born on this day. i'm not denying his existence, but I do deny god's. And most of Christmas is a germanian tradition, honouring the nature gods, tress were holy. The christians cut the trees to make the nature religion less important and convey christianity.

• To all a happy, full of blessings Christmas

Peace on Earth to all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z-ZfAlrgJs

• I always remember the real reason. Last night, among so many silly posts about trees and gifts and nonsense I posted 'O Holy Night' and actually many appreciated the reminder lol

• Jesus wasn't even born on the 25th. Neither did they have evergreen trees in Jerusalem. And no one around him, his followers etc, celebrated his birthday during his lifetime.

• Its is also Sir Isaac Newton's birthday. How many remember that, huh?

• Happy Birthday Jesus♡

• Um jesus was not born on December 25th but ok. Most people are aware that Christmas is celebrated by modern day Christians and hopefully of its non-Christian origins

• But Jesus wasn't born on Christmas.

• Jesus' birthday was not on this day.

• No I haven't considering Christ is in the world. I'm a Christian however I don't know who came up with this stupid holiday.

Making it about Santa, reindeer, elves, snowmen, gifts, etc. Also as hard as it may be to believe Jesus wasn't even born today he was born during the Spring they just gave it this date to invent some kind of winter holiday.

But regardless of it I will never forget what's really important.

• Christianity merely grafted it's Jesus legend on the Winter Solstice to gain popularity.
      Is there any record in the Bible of anyone observing Christmas?

• Jesus wasn't born on 25th December, sorry to burst your bubble. Its a pagan festival...

• Just a reminder: not everyone that celebrates Christmas is Christian.