Can guys and girls be friends? Without having some afterthought like sexual things?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. There's always one that has some type of feelings.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't speak for other people, but I can speak for myself. So, I do believe it's possible for a guy and a girl to be friends without being sexually attracted to each other.
    One of my best friends was a guy and we didn't have feelings for each other, nor we were sexually attracted to each other.

What Guys Said 9

• No I don't think so

• I think so, yes. It's especially feasible if neither friend finds the other attractive.

• If one of them is gay, if both of them are gay or if one or both of them has a significant other. But of course they be just friends even if they aren't the things listed.

• Yes they can
    Entirely possible
    Got female friends, they're awesome :)

• Yes, it is possible.

• If she's hot, nah

• I can be friends with women without anything like that. I'm assuming that's true for most men.

• its very possible for guys and girls to just be friends.

• I tried, didn't work. she was a friend first but i could see see us together.

What Girls Said 8

• Yes and no.
    I am unable to have male friends very often because ALL of them end up with crushes on me... Not just flings either.
    Like years.
    I know of 4 guys that have had a crush on me for 3+ years even when I have a bf!
    But I have 1 guy that is my friend that doesn't have a crush on me yayayay x3
    So yes, its "possible" but is it probable? ... No.

• no... Are you insane! Thats impossible!

• They definitely can.

• I think they can. ^-^

• Only a lesbian and a gay guy

• I mean. I'd eventually ponder the idea of sex with the person. But most of the time I'm not sexually attracted to the person so I am like "ewwwww no" and then I try not to think about it

• Of course they can. I only entertain romantic thoughts about 1-2% of all the guys I talk to. The rest are just friends.

• Maybe they have some afterthought... well I don't know it's a mystery

• no way. as soon as there is sexual thoughts your done