Does your appearance match your personality?

I have been told a lot of times even by some family members, friends from school, that I look "tough", while it is true, I am actually a very sweet person, haha.

strange question, but wondering if you have ever been told something similar.

0|0
15|17

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• People are always surprised how quirky/weird I am once we grow closer. So I guess not?
    I'm really quiet, almost distant at first. Until I get to know you and get a better idea of what you're all about so I could see how there might often be a mismatch between what people would expect me to be like and how I actually am. :P

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 16

• Yes, I would say so. I'm a very casual, easy-going person and that is also how I look/dress. Also, I'm a very soft/gentle guy (sort of feminine I guess) and that is also how I look. I don't look girly but I do look very soft.

2|0
    0|0
  • Kinda the same... People are always shocked that im into headbanging music, and rap... i guees i dress more preppy or something... I don't know... I just put cloths on... But i think people javeany part to their personality and it can't all be described by look or pne word

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say so myself, though I've had people wrongfully think me a rebel.
    I don't like to follow the "current trend/what's hot" I dress how I want. ^.^

1|0
    0|0
  • Im sure the average person would say i look like a ugly, piece of shit, When in reality, Well... They're right actually.

1|0
    0|0
  • Been told that I sometimes look like a Douchebag.
    Sometimes I can be a bit of a Douchbag.
    It works!

1|0
    0|0
  • Never been told anything about it so I guess I fit

1|0
    0|0
  • I look mean but I'm really just a big teddy bear inside.

1|0
    0|0
  • I sometimes look weird and I'm a weirdo so... yes 👍

1|0
    0|0
  • Hell no! My personality is heaps different! :)

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm told I am unapproachable due to my Asshole Face... until I speak. Then they think I'm just a lovable asshole like Dr. Cox. 38.media.tumblr.com/.../...t3vvRW1skeekvo1_500.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • An experiment showed that people could tell, mostly by looking at your face.

2|0
    0|0
  • I've been told im nice so i guess i have a gentle demeanor.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not very tall, and I'm not visibly big. However, upon getting to know me, people tell me that I'm a lot stronger than I look.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's stereotyping that's like saying does a black person steal.

0|0
    0|0
  • No

filler

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all. How I dress does though.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 14

• I've been told I look like a bitch. Because of my face and facial expressions but I'm not miserable, thats just my face. I have what you call, bitchy face syndrome lol I am actually very cool, down to earth calm person. I am definetly not a person to start shit or gossip. I also get that I look very calm and when some people saw me smoke a cig, they thought omg! Never knew you smoked , you dont look like a smoker. Weird and kinda funny how people judge eachother.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm sometimes! I don't really know how I would look- some thing I would be totally nice, and others not so much. I guess I have a bit of both!

1|0
    0|0
  • In some ways yes and in other ways no. I dress in an alternative/edgy way and listen to alternative/edgy music so that matches. I love the color pink which is stereo-typically girly and I am girly, so that matches. I dress odd/hipstery and have odd/hipstery opinions so that matches. However, I have multiple piercings and a lot of people think that's against Christianity, I am a christian, so that doesn't match. I don't mind showing off my body, but am actually waiting until marriage to have sex so that doesn't match. My sense of style would also lead you to believe i'm a lot more bold/outgoing than I actually am. I also love to wear makeup but I have a lot of depth while people believe makeup is vain.
    My fashion sense if that's any reference:
    https://wanelo.com/suchsmallh4nds/products

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I have resting bitch face which makes everybody think that I'm mean when first meeting me. Add to that the fact that I'm shy so I don't talk much and people think that I'm stuck up. Until they get to know me. I always get told "I didn't think you liked me because you were so quiet and looked made evil".

1|0
    0|0
  • I mean... I think it does. I am very down to earth, childish, sarcastic but very polite. I am very nerdy and smart. I like to have fun and live in the moment. I am bold and dangerous.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. In person I have a resting bitch face, and when I was younger, people would tell me they were afraid of me and thought I'd be mean until after they met me. Inside I'm scared of a lot of things and I'm really shy. I'm truly nothing to be afraid of lol im afraid of everything else

2|0
    0|0
  • No I look like a stuck up bitch from the clique is what I've been told and I'm so not. I'm nothing like that kind of woman because I actually breath air and I fart! Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • My appearance doesn't match my personality at all. Inside I can be this happy person and on the outside there is just no emotion lol. People say I look mean and bored but I could be completely fine in reality. I am a nice person but I feel like if I saw myself in person I wouldn't wanna approach me lol. I don't think I look very approachable but people still do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a very good question! I really don't know but think that yes, it does 😀

1|0
    0|0
  • i get this all the time, when people first meet me they think i'm this innocent and sweet girl (which i am) but i also have my sarcastic, sassy side.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess so.
    No one has ever said otherwise lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • i don't think so. i look a lot younger than i feel/think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Eh I guess

1|0
    0|0
  • I look good but I am crazy

1|0
    0|0