Have you ever kissed someone at midnight for the new year?

My grandma asked me what I was doing for NYE and I told her nothing, because I work at 10am the next day. To which she said "Yeah, but the fun happens at midnight."

... what fun? kissing myself in the mirror? filling up a champagne glass and toasting to being single for an entire year yet again? Grandma... please.

So I inquire: have you, gaggers, ever kissed anyone at midnight to ring in the new year? NOT including family.

• I have kissed a stranger on NYE
  • I have kissed a significant other on NYE
  • I have never kissed anyone on NYE

Most Helpful Guy

• I think we've established how often I'm kissing people bro ;)
    But seriously, sucks having to work right after NYE :(

• MHO without even acknowledging it :o
      Thanks dude haha

• O. O
      Are you sick?
      Do you have a temperature?
      Unidentifiable lumps?
      Are you OKAY?
      😱

• Hahahah I'm fine just recovering from an emotional blow.

Most Helpful Girl

• In the 7th grade at a NYE party I attended with my family a guy asked me to kiss him. It would have been both of ours' first kiss. I declined, but he was super cute and thought I was super cute and we really hit it off. He went to a different school and lived a little ways away though so we didn't keep much contact. We did go on a date though.

My second NYE party last year I kissed my now ex-boyfriends cheek. It was the first night I met him and we hit it off and started dating the following week. Best choice ever to break up with him.

I'm about to attend my third NYE party this year and I have someone in mind that I want to kiss at midnight, but we'll see. ;)

What Guys Said 17

• Wow - Maybe I am a little drunk but your second paragraph made me a little sad - Ah well you are so young and a lovely girl just yet to meet the right guy to make midnight kiss on NYE something special for you.

• Lol nope I have never really though much about doing that, I mean it serves no real purpose, and people kind of scramble to find someone to kiss at the stroke of midnight, kind of ridiculous to me *shrugs* I mean if I'm with someone and I happen to be with them when the clock strikes midnight, I'll kiss em but other then that, no thanks.

• In Belgium it's fairly normal, when you have a New Years' Eve party either at home or in a restaurant, that at midnight you give each other 3 kisses (on the cheeks of course :D ).
    I know how it feels to be single... I'd love to meet a girl but it's not that simple at my age. Most girls are taken :-(

• I haven't kissed anyone yet at all. Let alone this particular midnight.

• A stranger yes last year. She just ran up and kissed me in the middle of a conversation with a friend. I was like "What the fuck... oh wait... New Years... Happy New Year!!! lol" I have a weird life :v

• Plenty of times, it is one of the few times you can ask a woman for a kiss without possibly getting slapped

• Yeah, and it wasn't any different than the other times I've kissed them apart from them making a bigger deal about it.

• Not saying it would be different, but I know it's a tradition so I was curious.

• I get that; I was saying it wasn't any different.

• Nope. never, but the years not over. Who knows, but I doubt it... highly doubt it.

• I've yet to kiss anyone at all. :/

• I don't mean to sound like a creepy stalker, but I could've swore I saw you talking about a girlfriend a few times in posts. So how can that beeeeeee? :o

• It's alright, shit happens.

• Oh and don't worry, you didn't sound like a creepy stalker lol

• When I've had a girlfriend I've kissed them. Otherwise, nope

• No, but it'd be pretty cool if I did.

• Nope i haven't

• I have never kissed anyone.

• that's cheesy afff

• I have kissed significant others, and gotten kissed by a stranger in NY.

• Yep I kissed my girlfriend and it was for about 50 seconds untill we stoped we LIKE to kiss

• its weird I've been to a lot of bars and clubs over the years but only been to a couple year news events and not once did I kiss anyone at midnight or even pick up at them. however it still be possible to meet someone at those sort of things

What Girls Said 16

• I hear ya! I'll be toasting in the new year as a single pringle and I'll definitely be sad about it. I'm trying to stay positive. But even the guy I like doesn't want to spend the new year with me, so not really starting it out on a good front.

I did have a new years kiss, years ago, but it was really nice :)

• My first real kiss was on New Year's Eve when I was 12. He was my friend's brother and we started seeing each other that night. After that, I did not get another New Year's kiss until I was 16. That year I kissed my best friend and did the same at 17 and 18. When I was 19, I had to work, but was working with my boyfriend. We snuck some wine into the kitchen and went into the walk-in cooler to kiss. The year after that, I was single and kissed a stranger at a drag bar. One of the drag queens. And have not had a New Year's kiss since then... Hoping that will change this year. I plan to spend it with my boyfriend.

• no I can't say I have.

• I've kissed a significant other at midnight on New Year's Eve.

• Sadly... I am a loner *sighs*

• Nope. Never ever ever ever EVERR! If my rabbit counts then yes, but I assume you meant a guy lol

• Damn... I've never done it. I gotta do it lol
    This year hopefully 😆

• Nope. No kiss on new years.

• I have yet to kiss someone ever

• nope, but that would be fun!

• Yes I have , lots of times. Ex boyfriends, my ex husband.

• Nope. I'm a loser.

• No I really don't care to either

• I kissed a stranger at a New Years party last year

• Yes and now I associate New Years with that kiss

• Never even though I've been in a relationship with someone for 3 years. It just never happened x_x.