How many GAGers on here are part-Native American?

And if you are say which tribe/nation/state you are

Something i hardly see people ask about on here

0|0
15|9

Most Helpful Girl

• I am 1/8 Cherokee, I think my great grandfather is from North Carolina.

0|2
    1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• My great grandmother was Creek Indian. My mom is like 1/32 or something Native American. But she has really high cheekbones, and I've got sorta high cheekbones. That's about it. I'm white as fuck, though. Mostly German and French. I'm talking vampire white. I'm talking can't see me in the light white. So I pretty much only have a drop. But, most Americans have Cherokee, I think. But, I have Creek and Choctaw.

My mom's side of the family lives in Oklahoma, by the reservation.

0|1
    0|0
    • How do you know what most Americans have? There are a lot of tribes in America

• I don't, really. It's just what people say. Cherokee were? and are the largest tribe. They were also the first tribe to join the U. S. I think. So it makes sense that they would interbreed. But I don't really know, know. But, that blood gets diluted after generations and generations of interbreeding. Myself, for instance. I do have Native American ancestors, I know my great grandmother was Creek Indian, but I have very, very, very little Native American blood. I would not be counted as having any Native American blood, because I have 1/32 or 1/64 or something. So it's a difficult thing to determine. Many white people claim that they have Cherokee blood, at least. When a white person says they have Native American blood, it's most often Cherokee that they say. But it's difficult to measure anything that's diluted.

• @queenmariereigns

What Girls Said 14

• 1/4 Navajo. Grandfather was one of the 4th Marine Div code-talkers in WWII.

1|2
    1|0
  • I'm an 1/8 Potawatomi the tribe orginated from Wisconsin there's several different bands. it sucks that my grandma hid the culture from my mom growing up because I'm so Intrigued about it, but in her mind (my grandma) she was trying to protect her from the mistreatment and hate. even still I see it at work there's this one lady who is always hateful saying them indians took my money again, or they raped her (took her money ) only certain ethnicity win.. ugh I just want to scream at her.

0|1
    0|0
  • Apparently white people were great rapists and/or Native Americans were great at getting around because it seems like almost white person in America has a Native American ancestor.
    And those Cherokees and other well known Native American tribes, damn, greatest breeders of all time!

0|0
    0|0
    • Yup there definitely a lot of raping going on of indians and slaves back then 🤔

• Show All
    • Only with some purell and bleach

• *lips sealed*

• I'm about 1/16 Cherokee.

0|1
    1|1
  • Pretty positive I'm not one of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think my mom said that on her side of the family I'm 1/16th Cherokee. I live like less than 30 minutes away from a historical Cherokee village. Which I have visited many times.

Which explains why my sister and brother are naturally tan and have brown hair. Since they take after my moms physical looks side. Then I'm the complete opposite and extremely pale. So I look more like my dads side.

Though I remember my mom talking about having some family member that married a Cherokee woman.

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't think I am! That would be cool!

0|0
    0|0
  • I am. My grandfather is full-blooded Native American from the Arapaho tribe. Some of my family lives on a reservation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm Native Canadian. I'm part Mowhawk and Algonquin. From the west of Canada. So, I'm not Native American but I'm still Native so I thought I would answer.

0|1
    1|0
    • Aren't those east coast tribes?

• Show All
    • @9mfeo if you are Canadian, name a place in Manitoba. I bet you couldn't because you aren't Canadian. Like why do I have to prove I'm Canadian to you. I could easily prove to you I'm not American.

• Selkirk.

• Inb4 someone says Cherokee
    Inb4 the darkest black person says they are half native American
    Inb4 someone says they are descended from pocahontas
    Inb4 the whitest person says they are full or half native American

0|0
    0|0
    • Ok and are you?

• Show All
    • No I don't have a problem
      You are the one who is harassing me after I ignored your previous opinion. The only reason why I replied is because I got 2 notifications from this post

• sure ok

• My grandfather was Mohican:)

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm 1/8 of Cree native. My mother is a quarter Cree.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm part Cherokee (somewhere between 1/8 and 1/32) with some Creek.

0|0
    1|0
  • I believe im like an 1/8 Seminole...

0|1
    1|0

What Guys Said 8

• i am 1/16 Apache

0|1
    1|0
  • Does Mexican-American count? We were the Romans of the Americas what with the Aztec Empire and the like :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I think my brother was part native American
    Crow perhaps but i cannot remember.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's meaningless, but I should be 1/32 Cherokee I think.
    Great great great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee if my calculations/genealogy is correct.
    Dats pretty neat.

0|0
    1|0
  • I am 1/8 th Cherokee

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope I'm Lithuanian and German!

0|0
    0|0
  • im from Canada, and im cree tribe. :D

1|0
    0|0
  • I was born in New York, that makes me just as native American as anyone else born in America.

1|0
    0|1
    • the native American indians is what i mean.

• Why you gotta be racist? I'm a native American, what does it matter whether my ancestors were here 300 years ago or 30,000 years ago? Neither of us were alive then, but I guess because I dont look a certain way you dont accept what I am? Its fine I'm used to the discrimination, I have learned by now that no matter how long I have lived in America, because of my dead ancestors coming here hundreds of years ago (as oppose to thousands of years) I will never be a real "native American". I couldnt control them coming here, they just did, why am I being discriminated against because of something completely out of my control? I just want to be a native American, this is my country after all, but NOPE, all the politically corrects tell me I can't be a native American because my ancestors came here 300 years ago, instead of 30,000 years ago. They are so racist.

• stop trolling. goodbye