Happy Boxing Day! Who's Canadian on here?

I don't even know what Boxing Day celebrates but I was told it be someone and am now sharing it.

Most Helpful Guy

• This must be what @Kris85 was talking about yesterday. She said today (yesterday) was Christmas, but tomorrow (today) wasn't he big turkey day, and I was confused as fuck but forgot to ask what she meant. Boxing Day? Dumb question, but I'll ask anyway: like the sport of boxing? I doubt it, but just wondering😂 Anyway, Happy Boxing Day, buddy! Whatever that is, haha...

• Wasn't he = was the

• I thought it was about the sport too so don't feel dumb... lol.

• It's kind of like your Black Friday!!! We have huge sales on stuff and people do their Boxing Day shopping today!! I'm staying home and cooking turkey though lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I'm from Canada.

What Guys Said 1

• Boxing day is nothing but marketing hype. Same as Black Friday.

What Girls Said 2

• In the UK Boxing Day is when all the sales start - like the equivalent of black Friday sales.

• Boxing day was a day when servants and tradesman would receive gifts and those gifts were called Christmas Box, and there were from their masters and employers that is were the name boxing day arrives from.