True or false: People who say " I'm mature for my age" are usually immature?

  • True
    56% (23)67% (29)62% (52)Vote
  • False
    44% (18)33% (14)38% (32)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
5|12

Most Helpful Guy

  • It depends. If they are the the type of person who says it, Who is usually a 15 year old girl, Who spends 80% of her waking life on Tumblr ranting about a patriarchy, And the other 20% taking pictures of her Starbucks cups, Then yeah, Probably fuckin lying.

    If its the type of person who is in college young or something, Has a job and got their finances and shit together, Then, They are probably telling the truth.

    You can only really tell when you find out more about them i suppose.

    3|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

  • I say that and the truth is, I am. I grew up around adults a lot and I had a lot of family problems to take on which forced me to kind of grow up fast. I actually have to de-mature myself around my fellow peers to fit in, but I'm still too mature for them in the end which makes me feel excluded from them. It sucks, but oh well. My best friend says he's mature for his age and to a degree he is, but I know him very well and if anything he is one of the most immature people I know.

    0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

  • true and false.

    Usually they seem to be more mature in SOME areas, with a resulting self-absorbed and bordelrine narcistic personality as a result. They simply end up thinking themselves to be better than everyone else (because they have realized they're more mature in some areas), which is a form of immaturity.

    As they say; the fool think he knows everything, the wise man aknowledges he knows nothing.

    0|1
    0|0
  • Majority of the time if someone has to say they're mature for their age it's usually not true. The people who actually are mature for their age don't have to say it, because other people will for them. Or better yet other older people won't even notice at all because they just look at them as someone their own age.

    1|1
    0|0
  • It's usually 15 year old kids without any social skills who say this. They just see being different as being mature.

    Of course there's exceptions to this, but the majority of times this is the case.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Voted false because there really is no way to measure this, just like there is no objective definition of mature. But if you're really mature, you usually don't brag.

    0|1
    0|0
  • I've seen true and false statements

    0|0
    0|0
  • Depends but often true.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Lol yup. Those r also the same people who call themselves perverted and creepy and weird, thinking they're so different and unique. Pisses me off.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Those girls just believe the pedo who repeats it to them.
    When you hear a girl saying that she met one.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Mature people generally prove themselves through their actions rather than words. Immature people spend time making facebook posts trying to sound mature or insightful, and it really just shows how dumb they actually are.

    0|0
    0|0
  • i tell people i'm immature for my age and they don't believe me until that day they experience it

    0|0
    0|0
  • I voted yes, but I'm not sure. They could be right as well. Unlikely though

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

  • I go w/someone showing me instead of telling me. In the past w/many things when someone tries to prove how good they are in word are usually lacking in that sense.

    1|0
    0|0
  • Big difference between being mature for age and wise for age.

    0|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily but they tend to be self absorbed and narcissistic

    0|0
    0|0
    • What about stuck up?

    • @KENKONG
      stuck-up-adjective
      1. Informal. Thinking too highly of oneself:
      conceited, egotistical, narcissistic, vain,

  • I feel like people who say that usually want to prove something, to convince people that they really are suuuuper mature, which for me screams the opposite :P I don't know could depend on the person though.

    0|0
    0|0
Loading...