Does anyone sleep with the lights on?

I noticed on two different occassions people came over to stay at my house and the both of them slept with the lights on. I didn't think this was a common thing and I didn't know why they were doing it. Is this normal?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• It can happen, by accident, never by intent.

Most Helpful Girl

• I can't sleep with lights on, I wish I can make it darker. I really wanted to get some black out curtains, because blinds let in some light from the street.
    However...
    Maybe they slept with it on because they are not familiar with your place? If I sleep somewhere new, and do not have a lamp readily available near the bed or couch, I sometimes have a little light on. I don't want to trip and fall. I do not sleep most of the times, though, since the light is on.

What Guys Said 4

• No I'm a big kid 🙂

• when im super drunk yeah.

• My brain is very overactive with lights out. As soon as it's dark I start thinking about the really really big questions. Makes it very hard for me to sleep.

• Occasionally I will, but, most of the time, no

What Girls Said 9

• I sleep with a night light on 😜 Dim lighting is my preference.

• Were they passed out drunk or something?

• Not at all. They stayed over for a few days and slept with the lights on for most of them.

• Sometimes, if I'm too lazy to get up and turn it off, or if I fall asleep with it on.

One thing I do sometimes is I turn on one of my video game playlists on youtube, and I'll listen to it while I go to sleep. I find it a little more comforting when I'm feeling kind of lonely at night, which happens frequently.

• I leave the spare bathroom light on at night so I can see if I get up in mid of night.

• Well, I used to sleep with lights on when I was younger. Now I find it very annoying and way too bright.

• Not even when I was a little kid.

• I can only do that if I go to sleep drunk, else the light keeps me awake

• Actually i can't.

• Some people don't like sleeping in the pitch dark nothing wrong with that.